Hifi repair recommendations

michaelg

Hifi repair recommendations

Post by michaelg »

Can anyone recommend any good repair technicians in the country ?

I see from there is hifi doctor in Co Meath,

Thanks
Ps based in Kilkenny here
Steve

Re: Hifi repair recommendations

Post by Steve »

Hi Michael,

As it happens, last Sunday I was treated to a decidedly mono presentation from my setup after one side of the amps refused to fire up. A couple of basic checks showed that the power supply chassis on one channel was not supplying any juice to the output chassis. But having checked a few obvious things, I couldn't really identify why. And was rather hoping it wasn't a fault with the actual power supply itself, which on the Jadis 200's is quite sizeable and I assume a rather costly thing to replace..

So dropped it over to Cloney's on Tuesday and picked it back up yesterday. All sorted and now sitting hear listening away contentedly, waiting for the storm to arrive(!) The usual top class service from Cloney and always nice having a chat with Noel, Ivan, Mark.. Not sure what the problem or component is that you want fixed but would always give the guys in Blackrock my top recommendation. Not overly sure on other options and perhaps there are some that may cost less but the peace of mind that your cherished component is in the best of hands is well worth it.. IMHO..
Chord Electronics DAVE - Aesthetix Calypso - Pass Labs XA100.8 - Wilson Audio Alexia - Nordost Quattro Fil/SPM
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Nice comments, re Cloney Audio, I had a similar experience with them a good while back.

Just wondering what the original poster wants fixed?
michaelg

Post by michaelg »

Thanks lads
Considering having the caps redone on an older amp. it also needs pots cleaned and a dry joint attended to on a relay.

Also considering replacing the amp as its getting on in years and my money might be better spent on something else.

Thanks again