Rega ISIS cd player

greygoose

Rega ISIS cd player

Post by greygoose »

Has anyone had the pleasure of listening to a rega isis cd player valve or solid state and what were your thoughts?
CAPS1.0 / RA Opus21-Chordqbd76HD-Modwright LS36.5- ATC 50asl
RA CD50- ATC sia2-150-ProAC 18's / hd650
mcq

Re: Rega ISIS cd player

Post by mcq »

I heard the solid state Isis some years ago and loved it. At the time I had a Meridian 808.3. The Meridian was smoother with greater levels of detail and refinement but the Rega was superb on tone and timing. It wasn’t as detailed as the Meridian but it was more involving and it seemed to extract and communicate the message of the music with greater urgency.

I was very tempted to try the valve version but I ended up upgrading the Meridian. The later versions of the Meridian replaced the switch mode power supply with a much beefier linear power supply which was significantly more involving.

If you are in the market for a CD player, I would certainly advise you to audition the Isis (either the solid state or valve). I moved eventually from Meridian to Esoteric and I have thought about trying the Rega again one day. I think it’s a very special player.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Claus

Re: Rega ISIS cd player

Post by Claus »

I have a B.A.T. valve CD player coming up for sale.... if you are interested please let me know.