Cloney?

Sloop John B

Cloney?

Post by Sloop John B »

Are they still shut or have they just not updated the COVID warning on their website?

.sjb
Adrian

Re: Cloney?

Post by Adrian »

TBH I’m not sure how things are progressing with the return to normal.

I’d imagine it’s still by appointment only. But if you’ve been vaccinated and are after something in particular then I’d reckon you should be able to get an appointment.

I think there’s a numbers limit operating in many shops atm. I was visiting a clothes shop recently with my mother and we had to queue outside until we were allowed in.

Not sure how things are gonna go with the delta variant?

The world is still in a hell of a mess!!
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I'd just give them a bell - not sure what their arrangements are exactly but they are working and open.
Do or do not, there is no try
naasbiker

Post by naasbiker »

Yes open - dropped in about 2 weeks ago for a browse.
Linn LP12, Ittok, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Lehmann Audio Black Cube, Arion Audio 300B, Living Voice Auditorium
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Great to hear, Noel has been around for a very long time!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Yeah, ring ahead just to let them know you're coming but pretty much business as usual.
A lot of new brands coming in so they are far from winding down! Thankfully.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

They really need some work on their website then, I must admit to having a love/ hate relationship with Cloney.
I have had some great experiences there matched with equally poor ones but their website in 2021 takes the biscuit.

Any of you with closer relationships than me might like to tell them their website is saying they are closed but for online business.

.sjb
Satrus

Post by Satrus »

I find Cloney Audio's website very underwhelming. There is just nothing interesting about it? I have visited it a few times in the past months and I just find it banal. There is nothing there that would make you want to return. Their website was updated fairly recently but it's far from an improvement, a step back if anything. I think that maybe when business gets back to normal they need to get some 'creative heads' to redesign it. They represent almost all of the major audio companies so there should be plenty of scope to develop an attractive website. I have always been well served by Noel but I haven't bought anything there recently, due to the fact that they didn't represent the brand I wanted to buy. A friend of mine has dealt with Ivan on a number of occasions and has been very happy with the service. It goes without saying though that the past fifteen months have been very hard on businesses and hopefully this will change in the weeks and months ahead.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I have to say that I have had good experiences lately with Cloney mainly with Ivan on new purchases and trade in's.
Managed to purchase new speakers, mono blocks and pre amp in the past 6 months from Cloney while off loading older gear.

The web site works for me given I tend to have an idea what I am looking for when I go on there occasionally, but I can see how it would be more difficult to use if you were looking for guidance on the kind of gear you might need advice on. Also its good to see prices on everything.

Post by Diapason »

Heh, I have the pre-owned and ex-dem section bookmarked, so I rarely look at anything else...

They're definitely open, though, and doing a roaring trade from what I can tell. I think for many people lockdown meant more time at home and often more disposable income, so upgrades were plentiful. There's been a lot of interesting gear through the door there in recent months.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2