History of Schiit Audio (the company of that name)

james

History of Schiit Audio (the company of that name)

Post by james »

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit ... 900/

A fun read (if you like that sort of thing).
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
hudo

Re: History of Shiit Audio (the company of that name)

Post by hudo »

As a proud owner of several Schiit components (Yggy, Asgard 3, Modius), I really like how they operate their business. Everything is so open and transparent (future plans, history, design decisions, ...), shared on forums and Youtube, really shame more companies didn't use the same approach, because that kind of free marketing and PR goes a long way...

Take an example of latest 2 versions of Yggdrassil DAC - they just released "Less is More" (less bits, more sound), and "More is Less" (more bits, better THD, but worse/less sound), which will probably be a live experiment where they will see which one people like more, and then just discontiunue the other one.
Also DAC cards for headphone amps - chose between multibit (r2r) or ESS/AKM (sigma delta), depending on what kind of sound somebody wants.
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
Diapason

Re: History of Schiit Audio (the company of that name)

Post by Diapason »

I'm still slightly raging they stopped production of their TT so soon. That really intrigued me.

(Incidentally, I edited the thread title to fix a typo.)
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2