Learning guitar - some music files needed

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Rocker

Learning guitar - some music files needed

Post by Rocker »

I play guitar and bass. Mainly for my own enjoyment but a few friends often call, now that the lockdown restrictions are somewhat eased, to play music with me. To keep the interest levels up, we often challenge each other to learn new songs.

One of my friends listed four songs by Rodney Crowell. These songs are available on Spotify but the bitrate is too low to make any sense of the bass lines or some of the guitar lines. If anyone here has the CDs that contains one or more of the following songs, would they be so kind as to rip the song in FLAC, or copy the CD for me. The ripped song or songs can be emailed or Dropbox to me, the CD copy can be posted . Any costs incurred will be covered by me of course.

Fly Boy & The Kid

I'll Walk The Line (Revisited)

Many A Long & Lonesome Highway

Shame On The Moon

Thanks for reading this far. I deem Rodney Crowell as downbeat Country. As far as I can tell from Spotify, the guitar and bass parts are interesting and a challenge to get something close down. Thanks in advance.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
Derek

Re: Learning guitar - some music files needed

Post by Derek »

I'll check me few Rodney Crowell CDs Tom, but don't hold your breath.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

Hi Rocker,

I can't help you with RC music, because that name is not in my collection (if I am not wrong he should be a long time collaborator of Hemmylou Harris).
By the way my collection is quite vast and I can suggest you more guitar based music in the future. Speaking of a different genre, have you ever heard of Ollie Halsall for instance?

Good luck with your research
Max (spin the black circle)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Derek wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:42 pm I'll check me few Rodney Crowell CDs Tom, but don't hold your breath.
same here, I'll have a look tomorrow
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

PM sent, certainly set a challenge from 4 different albums :-)

Post by Derek »

Had a look, but no joy, sorry Tom.
Even worse I don't have any solo Rodney Crowell albums, I have a few of his with Emmylou Harris...
Funny thing the ould brain is, I'da sworn I had at least a couple, I must be gaining more years than I thought.

Mind you in looking for the albums I found some music I'd not played in a long while, so many thanks for helping me rediscover some Mick Hanly amongst others.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
markof

Post by markof »

If you are stuck, I believe these tracks are available on Qobuz in CD quality and you can get a free trial too.

Mark.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Thanks guys for checking out your collections in the hope of finding the songs for me. Sligolad has the albums and he sent the files to me. So now I have them and no longer have the excuse of poor sound definition so the pressure is on (me) to learn something from them.

Thanks again, Tir Na HiFi is the forum that delivers good sound quality.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!