NOT AVAILABLE Graaf GM50B Mk1 tube amplifier

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Maciej

NOT AVAILABLE Graaf GM50B Mk1 tube amplifier

Post by Maciej »

NOT AVAILABLE AT PRESENT

Hello,

I am thinking of selling my Graaf GM50B KT88 tube amplifier.

This is the amp that I have been living with, longer than with any other piece of equipment that I had in the past.
It's stunning sounding amplifier that has sweet midrange, low and powerful bottom end and has extended highs.
It's tube sounding, but with strong , detailed sound, big dynamics and with wide soundstage.

I would suggest that your speakers have to be at least 89-90dB to sound best. I used them with Diapason Adamantes, Vandersteen, Focal Micro Utopia and 1007Be, as well as Sonus Faber (not enough power in this case) .

There are Sovteks KT88 tubs in the power stage, as well as Sovteks in the preamp section.

It is in good condition, with it's remote control, but there is no cardboard box, so collection is desirable, but sending well packed is also optional.

It's in black Ferrari paint.

I try to add some photos later, or I provide the link to Adverts once I upload the photos.

Looking for 2.500 euro, but I am open for reasonable offers.

https://www.whathifi.com/graaf/gm50/review

https://www.kenkessler.com/hi-fi/graaf- ... er-review/

http://www.audioreview.com/product/ampl ... gm-50.html

Regards
Maciej
Last edited by Maciej on Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maciej

Re: Graaf GM50B Mk1 tube amplifier 2.500 euro

Post by Maciej »

I forgot to add that there is very quiet fan, with separate power line installed to very gently cool the boards, capacitors and tubes to extend their life.
This was done in the designated workshop. The fan can be easily turned off if not necessary.
Derek

Post by Derek »

I’m kinda’ getting that is pretty much a reluctant sale. It’s a cracking amp. Best of luck, I hope all goes well.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

Derek wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:45 pm I’m kinda’ getting that is pretty much a reluctant sale. It’s a cracking amp. Best of luck, I hope all goes well.
Thanks Derek.

I looked through some options, and there is absolutely noting else in this price range in the world of tube amps that can compete with this one.
Selling as want to get MK2 version of GM50B. Not sure if it's any better, but ill try.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I still get a little frisson any time I see a GRAAF for sale...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

Diapason wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:22 pm I still get a little frisson any time I see a GRAAF for sale...
There was a time when I was looking at your add with jealousy , and was wondering why are you selling it, and why it can not be mine!
giant haystacks

Post by giant haystacks »

I remember a kt88 amp in black in the late 1980s when I first got into HiFi it was the black classic style .this is a more modern style.the Graff amps seem dependable there are a lot still working well