Gamut L3 Speakers

tony

Gamut L3 Speakers

Post by tony »

A pair of these on gumtree asking €2200. They look gorgeous and reveiws are glowing(PS Fergus I know its the ears that count)
Cant even look at them but they may interest somebody. Anyone experience on them. I keep end looking at what seem like lean speakers. Are these more suitable for classical then rock? There is also a pair of ruark solistce which look very impressive but probably need an aircraft hanger
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
paulb

Re: Gamut L3 Speakers

Post by paulb »

huge nos of hifi on gumtree....umbelivable....tannoy dc's 3 of them, apogee, mc intosh, naim 555...never saw something like this on gumtree...have a look
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

There was a pair of marten standmounts on adverts a little while back too. I suppose just be careful buying off those sites that its not a scam. I've bought lots on adverts and its worked out but still you'd want to be wary.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

God I just had a look - if its genuine (and it does look ok) there's fantastic stuff up there. Did you see the platine verdier tt?

Fran
paulb

Post by paulb »

looks genuine....in one of the tannoys pics i think u can see some of the other stuff....whoever has them on sale really has a colectin....should be a legend...
itspaul

Post by itspaul »

hi tony. those gamuts that you see in that add were mine. my speakers in my living room that i sold on ebay for €3500 last july.(my full add inc.text) somebody trying to con someone out of €2200. very easy to get caught so be careful. if it seems to good to be true, then it probaly is. on the L3's they wouldn't be a type of classical music speaker in my opinion. great with everything. i had owned a pair of b&w 803d's and i considered the L3's a step-up they were fantastic, better than the 803d in almost every way. regards paul.
tony

Post by tony »

Wow. Fran was right on the ball re scam. Love to know how that scam works as I would assume most buyers thru gumtree would want to view/hear. Touch wood up to now I havent had any issues buying on the net.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

That was lucky. Just shows how careful you need to be.....

Fran
itspaul

Post by itspaul »

gamut l 3
Last edited by itspaul on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tony

Post by tony »

Fran's drinkies! question could apply here also. I would totally agree with your sentiments but to be fair to them the market is probably so small here that you couldnt viably stock a broad selection of speakers. Uk 60m punters we have got 4m. Uk I would think is a weathier and more mature market. Majority of irish will buy in peats or powercity(nothing wrong with that but leaves relatively small number of punters for a cloneys). Have to say I have kinda followed your route also.