Reavon X100 DVD. Player

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
Saxman

Reavon X100 DVD. Player

Post by Saxman »

Hi All
Not sure how many of you would be into DVD players in particular through your hifi systems
I know DVD is a bit of a dying breed with all the streaming devices which are now available, plus Netflix etc.
Had this sudden urge to play music through a dvd format, so off I went purchased a ceiling bracket and a fifty inch 4k TV and mounted them above and in the centre of the hi fi stands ensuring there was no way it could fall and wreck the equipment.
I was looking fir an Oppo but discovered they don't make dvd players having moved to manufacturing mobile phones
Linked the player up to the hifi system through a Black Lion studio Dac using the Coax optical input.
I didn't know what to expect. Inserted a Andrea BocelliDVD live from central Park New York.
Well I was blown away the picture quality was superb and the sound made the hair stand up on the back of your neck.
Invited some friends round for their opinion they were gobsmacked.
I won't go into the technical details of the Reavon as they can be found on various reviews.
Moral of the story if you are into playing musical dvds don't overlook the Reavon a high class player.
Cheers
Alan
Saxman

Re: Reavon X100 DVD. Player

Post by Saxman »

Coax optical should coax digital silly me
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Reavon X100 DVD. Player

Post by Fran »

Do or do not, there is no try
Saxman