KLH Model 5 Speakers

markof

KLH Model 5 Speakers

Post by markof »

I'm curious about the recent KLH Model 5 speakers which get good recommendations in the HiFi publications.

I wonder if anyone here either have them or have heard them and if they would care to comment.

Mark
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Ivor

Re: KLH Model 5 Speakers

Post by Ivor »

markof wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:37 pm I'm curious about the recent KLH Model 5 speakers which get good recommendations in the HiFi publications.

I wonder if anyone here either have them or have heard them and if they would care to comment.

Mark
I don't have them but anything touched by Henry Kloss is going to be good. Refined good, not "in your face" good.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I must go have a look at some of the reviews - I do like that look, and I have some old KLH model 6s here that sound lovely, for what they are. They are in a tough spot in the market with lots of competition - am I right in thinking around 2k a pair?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
markof

Post by markof »

Fran wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:34 pm I must go have a look at some of the reviews - I do like that look, and I have some old KLH model 6s here that sound lovely, for what they are. They are in a tough spot in the market with lots of competition - am I right in thinking around 2k a pair?

Fran
A bit over 2K I believe but the stands are included.

Interestingly European sales are from Dublin.

Mark.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
hudo

Post by hudo »

markof wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:18 am A bit over 2K I believe but the stands are included.

Interestingly European sales are from Dublin.

Mark.
Yes, but think its just "tax" office or something, sadly no show room.
All reviewers (specially youtubers) had only good things to say about them, they're even winners of some "speaker of the year" awards.
Would be great to hear whats that all about, but waiting time is loooong i think (per some discussions on chat groups)
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

Limerick HiFi bits are KLH dealer here in Ireland.
I spoke to the owner and he said that he should be able to get a pair in January.
I was thinking about demoing the speakers at home, but finally decided to go another path.
Think of them more like stage speakers, open, dynamic and easy to drive, but probably not most refined, but possible, and I hope that I am wrong.
hudo

Post by hudo »

Think they're one of those speakers where you forget about all those hifi things and you just enjoy the music instead counting the beans (is that the phrase?:).
Few days ago I auditioned few speakers at Hifihut (kef, dali), but when they connected Wharfedale Lintons which are btw much cheaper, it was so obvious how much fun are those speakers! Sure, no crazy microdetails, bass is boxy, mids are forward, not sure about the stage depth also, but I just didn't care, I wanted to listen more songs without dissecting the sounds:) Think KLH are very similar. Would love to hear them.
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500