Saying Hello:)

Holly Grayle

Saying Hello:)

Post by Holly Grayle »

Hi All,
Joined a week or so ago specifically to ask a member about Gato FM50 speakers. However the deal on the used pair fell through ( shipping
costs from Scotland to NI) and couldn’t do a deal. It was a Google search on them which brought up a pair for sale by InPaul? some time ago…
Presumed long since sold…wondered if the buyer was local ( Ireland) and whether he/ she was on here and enjoying them!

Still, on to looking for alternatives…heading to Coleraine soon to listen to Alchris Audio AR8s…big standmounts (50cm tall, 25wide, 28deep)
Unfortunately transport costs mean none of the floorstanders are in…but the store (Lighting Sound n Vision) are working on finding a way to remedy this. Alan Clark ( builder/ designer) usually quotes a three to six week build time as you choose your own finish. Cost around £1100.

Noticed a pair of Harbeth Super HLS 5 @ 2795 ( B grade) not the current XD version…even bigger standmount than the AR8s!
Heard them frequently at shows many years ago but not recently. Anyone here with them? Supposedly good with my Luxman amp.
New floorstanders could be Audiovector QR5 @2800.
I have QR1s which were used in second system and during lockdown with various bits n bobs…love them so the QR5 may be just right…that means another day out ( to Dungannon) this time if nothing used/ ex.demo pops up in the meantime.
Ivor

Re: Saying Hello:)

Post by Ivor »

Holly Grayle wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:15 pm
Noticed a pair of Harbeth Super HLS 5 @ 2795 ( B grade) not the current XD version…even bigger standmount than the AR8s!
Heard them frequently at shows many years ago but not recently. Anyone here with them? Supposedly good with my Luxman amp.
I have the Harbeths but I haven't used them in a while - just in storage for another few months.
they are a very musical speaker - in that they like analogue kind of sound... Luxman or anything with tubes would be good.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Hello back at you and welcome!!

Good luck with the search - shipping speakers is never easy or cheap!
Do or do not, there is no try
Holly Grayle

Post by Holly Grayle »

Ivor,
Thanks for the reply…Harbeths stalled as well, but the Anniversaries/ XDs May have suited better. Lot more cash as well.
Trips to the dealers up here to have a listen…Audiovector, Triangle, Kef.
Kronos have Zingali Zero Sei ( used or ex/ demo)…no idea about this speaker/ company.
Looks like local for now:)
Holly Grayle

Post by Holly Grayle »

Fran,
Yes…speakers from GB, especially floorstanders, look like a no-no with costings at the moment.
Keeping an eye on local dealers and ads…and going to have a listen to some current stock.
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

I can recommend mostly Zingali.
I have heard Zero Sei and Home monitor 2.8, and Zero Sei are not far away from 2.8. Certainly in my opinion better than Harbeths, unless you like Herbeths sound signature.

If you can drive to NOI before the Brexit will be in full force, so you do not have to pay the duty above the price.

Regards
Maciej
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Holly Grayle wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:09 pm Ivor,
Thanks for the reply…Harbeths stalled as well, but the Anniversaries/ XDs May have suited better. Lot more cash as well.
Trips to the dealers up here to have a listen…Audiovector, Triangle, Kef.
Kronos have Zingali Zero Sei ( used or ex/ demo)…no idea about this speaker/ company.
Looks like local for now:)
Zingali are good - although I only heard them once or twice in demos, tell the lads in Dungannon I said hello!

Have a look in Cloney Audio too. Bargains to be had if you're lucky, Demo or Pre owned stuff especially!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
paulb

Post by paulb »

Hi , If interested I have a pair of Zu Audio Druid vi in perfect condition i am thinking about seling...let me know, thanks Paul