Vinyl. General News for lovers of the black stuff

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Diapason

Re: Vinyl. General News for lovers of the black stuff

Post by Diapason »

Hey, for once I think that's pretty accurate!

(If the original is a cube.)

;-)
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Nobody has mentioned the record fairs that are held around the city. They can be great but also hit and miss. I went to one in Good Counsel GAA Club last Saturday. I picked up some gems from Vanilla Records (based in Magherafelt). It was his first time selling in Dublin, hopefully he will come to Dublin again. Missed the record fair in Dun Laoghaire on Sunday.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

Was that Nico from Vanilla Records?. Might have been his first time in Good Council, but he used be a regular in Temple Bar at the record fair. Lovely lad, and a great place for ice-cream if you're ever up his neck of the woods (hence the name).
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

TrickyDicky wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:31 am Was that Nico from Vanilla Records?. Might have been his first time in Good Council, but he used be a regular in Temple Bar at the record fair. Lovely lad, and a great place for ice-cream if you're ever up his neck of the woods (hence the name).
Yes, it was Nico! Oh! I thought he said it was his first time in Dublin, obviously it was first time at Good Counsel. He was very approachable and friendly. Probably a long way just to get an ice-cream, ha!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Cyndale wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:07 am Nobody has mentioned the record fairs that are held around the city.
A recent thread on where people get their physical media these days mentioned a few... I think!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable