Banana plugs

PatD

Banana plugs

Post by PatD »

Hi, I have Chord signature speaker cable with their banana plugs. The plugs fit into my speaker terminals but are a little loose but they don’t move or fall out. I don’t detect any loss in quality of sound. Shall l continue and leave well alone?
Cheers.
Ivor

Re: Banana plugs

Post by Ivor »

PatD wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:00 am Hi, I have Chord signature speaker cable with their banana plugs. The plugs fit into my speaker terminals but are a little loose but they don’t move or fall out. I don’t detect any loss in quality of sound. Shall l continue and leave well alone?
Cheers.
most speakers terminals can take plugs in two ways, assuming you currently just push in those plugs can you also loosen the terminals to reveal a hole through which wire or indeed a banana plug could go. loosen it, push the plug in and then tighten it. Solved.

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
PatD

Post by PatD »

I have that option too. But l think l am ok with current set up. I just thought there might be loss in music quality.
But everything sounds good sonically. The plug won’t fall out and there’s nothing that can pull it out.Apparently there’s a way to tighten the plug but l can’t do it.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

If all is good, then all is good.

After a good bit of tricking about with different banana plugs, I have come down on the side of the z-cut simple ones with the cable soldered to them (although I do have screw terminal ones that seem to work well). These seem to me to up there with security of fitting you get from spades but much easier to use.
Attachments
jantzen-audio-banana-plug-bfa-gold-plated-o4mm-la-paire.jpg
jantzen-audio-banana-plug-bfa-gold-plated-o4mm-la-paire.jpg (20.4 KiB) Viewed 163 times
466528767.jpg
466528767.jpg (96.11 KiB) Viewed 163 times
Do or do not, there is no try
PatD

Post by PatD »

So if the connection isn’t good you would basically get no sound?
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

PatD wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:54 pm So if the connection isn’t good you would basically get no sound?
Without knowing the exact issue...
you might get an occasional dropout but I'm sure you'd notice that.
for me I couldn't relax 100% when listening but that's just me. I need to know everything is making the best possible contact. That's just me.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable