YG Acoustics at Cloney

Ciaran

Re: YG Acoustics at Cloney

Post by Ciaran »

Form an orderly queue there!
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Joking aside, are you seriously thinking of giving these a go Ciaran?

What speakers do you currently have at the moment, Kharma's?
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Hi Adrian,
I do have Kharmas. I'm sure the YGs are better, but I daren't listen to them at home and have no plans to do so. It would only drive me (more) bonkers!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Ciaran wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:23 am Hi Adrian,
I do have Kharmas. I'm sure the YGs are better, but I daren't listen to them at home and have no plans to do so. It would only drive me (more) bonkers!
Would you not be tempted to bring your amp to Cloney's and make big "pretty please mister can you slot my amp in there for a minute?" eyes at Noel? (I know I am!)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I popped in today to see the boys, chew the cud, shoot the breeze etc.....and to see the YG's.

A very surprising first impression is the physical size, these are not big by any means, and the sound is superb. They were being driven by the Devialet's monoblocks at 450w each (if I remember correctly).

Very impressive and surprising speaker. If I had the money would I go for them....hmm not sure as at that price there is an awful lot of speakers to choose from, but sonically they certainly are up there with some of the best speakers.

I would have liked to hear them with a lower powered amp, 24W valve unit for example.

Looking around the shop I could not help but notice quite a range of gear from TT's, amps, CD players etc all at different price points etc. Great to see variety, as distinct from seeing just NAD's or Arcams only.

I think if the USD / euro exchange rate was better I.e. 1.32 as distinct from 1.05 then those Pass amps and YG acoustics would sell a lot faster and in greater numbers.

Well done the Cloney boys in giving us all a treat in different products from various manufacturers around the world.
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Dangerously, there's a pair of Carmel 2 on Cloney's pre-owned selection today...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
paulb

Post by paulb »

Lotto ticket bought...fingers crossed