RIP Glenn Croft

DaveF

RIP Glenn Croft

Post by DaveF »

Just saw on a few other forums that Glenn Croft has passed away last weekend. Think there is a few Croft owners here.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ivor

Re: RIP Glenn Croft

Post by Ivor »

DaveF wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:13 pm Just saw on a few other forums that Glenn Croft has passed away last weekend. Think there is a few Croft owners here.
I saw that, very sad. The man was a legend. RIP Glenn.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I saw that on pink fish - yes, sad news indeed.
Do or do not, there is no try
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Really sad to hear of his passing. Glenn helped me sort out my Croft Series 4 power amplifier by email, he first asked me was I any good with a soldering iron, when I said I could manage he told me the part I needed and where it was in the amplfier.

Anything I have read about him has been very positive towards him and his amplifiers.

Rest in peace Glenn Croft!
cybot

Post by cybot »

It pains me to return here to pay my heartfelt respects to a man who changed my hi fi life for the better. There are many stories and anecdotes I could tell but, I know for a fact, that Glenn would be mortified, so I’ll just say this : God bless you Glenn and a humble THANK YOU. What a legacy you’ve left behind. So proud to have known you.
james

Post by james »

https://theaudiophileman.com/croft-a ... roft-rip/

".........
We recently lost a major figure in the HiFi industry, designer Glenn Croft, creator of the famous Croft amplifiers

I wanted to post an earlier acknowledgement of Glenn Croft’s untimely death but the man – and his company – value their privacy so details have been hard to find.

I did hear unconfirmed reports that Glenn (65) was involved in a motorbike accident and then noted that the Croft website was down.

I then heard reports from his friend Matt O’Donoghue that, “It was Glenn’s express wish that when he was gone also his amplifiers (his legacy) go with him. With that intention in mind I have this afternoon instructed that servers at croftacoustics.co.uk be deleted. This will most likely be in effect by tomorrow evening.

“Anyone who wishes to archive reviews or pictures or anything from the site should do so as a matter of urgency. I own the copyright for many of the pictures on the site, I am happy for anyone to use pictures for their own non commercial use with Glenn’s final wishes in mind.

“Of course the many loyal dealers who still own stock are free to do as they wish with those stocks. Anything on the bench not currently completed will remain as is. As sad as this is to many that is what Glenn wanted and he will always be the boss.”
............"
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]