Coffee supplies

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Diapason

Re: Coffee supplies

Post by Diapason »

I'm only an innocent bystander here, but a grinder is essential no matter what you're doing. These days I'm happy with Aeropress, and without the associated upsidedown nerdiness, but there's no replacing fresh ground beans.

I buy mine from Coffee Angel cos I like them and they deliver same day if you order early enough. Expensive compared to roasting your own I'm sure.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:33 pm I'm only an innocent bystander here, but a grinder is essential no matter what you're doing.
Yep, agree 100%, surprisingly the grinder is the first thing to buy IMHO, an Areopress or French Press pot will deliver very good coffee for a modest investment.
Don't buy a cheap grinder either, you'll get dust and boulders. A burr grinder that comes recommended is the way to go, expect to pay similar to a good expresso machine.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
hudo

Post by hudo »

Georgi wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:56 pm Hudo come over for a good espresso and analog music! 😉

Since I got myself a proper coffee machine and grinding my beans fresh every day, I stop buying coffee from any service stations or Starbucks/Costa because they suck, no real taste of coffee.
A good grinder is essential for good coffee experience along the way with a good coffee beans.

😉
damn, I promised I would message you, sorry totally forgot:) Now I have two reasons to visit: lessons in coffee grinding, and see new hifi gear!
Messaging you tomorrow ...

Also, to the Amazon for a coffee grinders, sounds like its essential.
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
Pz.Kpfw.IV

Post by Pz.Kpfw.IV »

Fyi: https://www.espresso-international.com/ i received a gift of coffee and bits from a German co worker, all arrived safe and ups shipping.

The Tre Forze im informed will put hair on your chest

Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I've been buying quite a lot of beans (roasted) from Imbibe recently, especially the "If you know you know" blend. Far too mainstream for most of you, but I enjoy it.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:28 pm I've been buying quite a lot of beans (roasted) from Imbibe recently, especially the "If you know you know" blend. Far too mainstream for most of you, but I enjoy it.
I've tried Gary's zero carbon beans when could get them
.. I don't know any retailer that stocks Imbibe regularly I do prefer to buy locally when the quality is there... Nick is still my goto guy. I'd drink more Imbibe it was more mainstream!

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

My main supply is still green beans from Adamsandrussell, I have a particular liking for the El Salvador Finca.

When I feel like something different and want to go for some fresh roasted beans then thankfully over on the West coast there is a growing tribe of roasters doing a good selection of beans.

First choice has been Carrow who do some great coffees, most recent was SERRA DO CIGANO/GO-TO ESPRESSO.
https://carrow.ie/our-story

For something a little different I go to Vu coffee roasters.
https://www.vuroasters.coffee/

Post by Georgi »

Thanks for the info Sligolad. 🙂

Just order some beans from Carrow to taste what they offer.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

nige2000 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:21 am
the method i use now is put the batch on set a timer on the phone for 6-7 mins, "make some coffee", alarm goes off then wait up to a minute for first crack then press the first crack button walk away and come back whenever. simple
I've gone back to roasting me own beans.. (stop giggling at the back) but with little success.... I've used beans from Discount Coffee so decent quality but maybe I should turn up the temp a bit? Sometimes I don't hear a crack at all

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I need to roast at a higher temp! RTFM!