The Perfect Sound: Book Recommendation

ConorW

The Perfect Sound: Book Recommendation

Post by ConorW »

I stumbled upon this book just before Christmas in an independent bookshop while in Chicago.

The Perfect Sound by Garrett Hongo, published late 2022 , is a brilliant read and weaves the story of his life with his passion for music and Hifi . https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/boo ... ett-hongo/

Hongo is a poet and Prof. of Literature in Oregon. He has contributed to various Audiophile articles over the years. His writing is wonderful, descriptive and infused with interesting insights.
His research and detail in chapters on tube manufacture, tube design history, evolution of mono, stereo recordings, his listening systems etc is fantastic. Really tells a story, not just facts.

It’s a 500+ page book on Hifi that reads like a novel.
Can’t recommend it highly enough.

I have a print copy of anyone would like to borrow it. Rathfarnham, Dublin.

Conor
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.
hudo

Re: The Perfect Sound: Book Recommendation

Post by hudo »

Nice, and its on UK Amazon, good price, just ordered one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfect-Sound- ... 8&qid=&sr=
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

That was quick!
Just to be clear it is not a book reviewing Hifi equipment - more of a memoir .
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.
hudo

Post by hudo »

Already arrived, in 1 day, Amazon is sometimes really impressive (but support local bookstores!) :)

My guess its similar like 99% True from PS Audio Paul McGowan? Its interesting book I quite liked, and if somebody wants to borrow please PM me...
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500