Looking for Hana cartridge

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
tonymc

Looking for Hana cartridge

Post by tonymc »

If anyone is thinking of upgrading and selling on one of the entry / mid level Hana cartridges I would be interested.
Thanks
Tony
RoonServer Atech Mini 300 AO Ciunas 19V Giso
Office: Lush Ciunas ISO-DAC Tivoli 1
Kitchen: Meridian F80
Living: Consonance wax engine Ciunas 12V Sugden A21a Phono Resolution Audio Opus 21 GNS IFI ZenStream
Eist Audio Dubh
Kubala Sosna
Finite rack
Meicord
Ivor

Re: Looking for Hana cartridge

Post by Ivor »

tonymc wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:48 pm If anyone is thinking of upgrading and selling on one of the entry / mid level Hana cartridges I would be interested.
Thanks
Tony
I wouldn't be optimistic Tony, when an owner is upgrading HANA offer a decent "trade in" and also... at about €450 for the entry level cart it's hard to see why anyone would want a s/h one... on that subject.. buying a S/H cart is so full of dangers... I only did it once as a stop-gap and realised what was offered as a low-usage example had in fact done Star Trek Enterprise miles. It went back!
Bear in mind too that HANA are all MC carts, I'm open to correction on that, so you would need a decent phono stage too.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tonymc

Post by tonymc »

Thanks Ivor
I spoke to Noel in Cloney and he’s expecting stock next month so probably best to be patient . I’m using a Sugden A21 signature now with the inbuilt phono stage . Noel said he’s installed a few Hana’s with them and they sound great .
Hope you’re keeping well
Still enjoying the Eist Dubh and the Sugden really makes them shine .
Tony
Living: Consonance wax engine Ciunas 12V Sugden A21a Phono Resolution Audio Opus 21 GNS IFI ZenStream
Eist Audio Dubh
Kubala Sosna
Finite rack
Meicord
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tonymc wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:41 pm Thanks Ivor
I spoke to Noel in Cloney and he’s expecting stock next month so probably best to be patient .
I know! I've been waiting on that order for quite some time now!

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Ivor wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:55 pm
tonymc wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:41 pm Thanks Ivor
I spoke to Noel in Cloney and he’s expecting stock next month so probably best to be patient .
I know! I've been waiting on that order for quite some time now!
Apparently coming soon! due on the 20th hopefully.
There is also talk of a Hana Blue cart which is a half way (in many terms) between the Red and an ML. The Blue should be about €2500

tonymc

Post by tonymc »

Thanks Ivor
Eist Audio Dubh
Kubala Sosna
Finite rack
Meicord
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

I recently moved from a GoldRing 1042 to the Hana ML and although I really liked the 1042, the Hana ML is definitely in another league !
Hana ML Steph 1.jpg
Hana ML Steph 1.jpg (39.03 KiB) Viewed 432 times
Tubes & Vinyls are making life brighter..
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

sdiesel77 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:29 pm I recently moved from a GoldRing 1042 to the Hana ML and although I really liked the 1042, the Hana ML is definitely in another league !
It is an incredible performer alright.. I'm currently breaking in an Umami Red and it has kinda redefined HiFi for me, Seriously.

Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Wow. That's a bold statement, Ivor! Exciting stuff.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

Umami is apparently really good indeed 😎👍
... but outside my budget for now 😜
Tubes & Vinyls are making life brighter..