SoCal CanJam 2023

HiFiFan

SoCal CanJam 2023

Post by HiFiFan »

Went to SoCal CanJam yesterday. Really enjoyed it. People were very nice across the board. Tried TheShow a few months back but wasn’t overly impressed, not a patch on previous US audio shows. CanJam was interesting though as I don’t normally focus on personal audio. I have a few decent but lower end headphones (Sennheiser IE 800, Etymotics ER4Ps, a few Bluetooth wireless and Sennheiser 650s) but have never had the chance to hear higher end offerings. I don’t use headphones at home just for travel, out walking and when exercising. For the most part I tried to use my Hiby R6 II as the source except when the vendor had made it difficult to do so with their setup.

It was very difficult to listen to open over the ear headphones due to the background noise but after waiting many years I did get to hear ZMFs in both open and closed back. They are a thing of beauty and very enjoyable. There were some interesting collaborations: Dekoni X Hifiman, Drop Plus Grell (Alex Grell formerly Sennheiser). For IEMS I heard a number of really nice ones: Empire EAR Raven, Campfire Audio Bonneville, an interesting prototype from Unique Melody, QDC (who I was not aware of before) but had a few nice options. We used the standard configuration on the QDCs but through small dip switches on the enclosure you could bring in various filters which might have been interesting to try had we more time.

I am too lazy to write anything up but people have been posting photos and impressions here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/canjam- ... ad.969902/

Have ordered 2 of the Campfire Audio Bonnevilles. Should have them by the end of the month
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
HiFiFan

Re: SoCal CanJam 2023

Post by HiFiFan »

The Campfire Audio Bonnevilles have arrived. First impressions consistent with the show and very positive. Just did some quick listening and now have them playing away for the day before properly listening
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2