Trade? Falcon Acoustics Gold Badge Q7

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
barryb5

Trade? Falcon Acoustics Gold Badge Q7

Post by barryb5 »

Hi folks,

May indeed eventually put these up for sale but perhaps a trade might suit - I'm interested in a SUT, or perhaps a phono preamp.

The Q7 are essentially the ls35/a with a slightly larger cabinet. Gold badge spec crossover, driver, tweeter are all the same, the cabinet is just slightly larger offering a tad more bass. More here...

https://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/q7-co ... ystem.html

I bought these used on adverts.ie and the cabinets are slightly tatty and have a few marks on them. They're walnut finish and have the tygan grille. They perform without issue. They really are excellent speakers for those liking the BBC type sound where space is a premium.

Thanks for looking.
Ivor

Re: Trade? Falcon Acoustics Gold Badge Q7

Post by Ivor »

I have an Einstein - The Turntable's Choice for sale..
It's a great phono stage but I was heading for a two deck setup so bought a Gold Note which can take two.
If you're interested we can discuss. I do like those speakers 😉
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Actually belay that order!
Reading posts on my phone without my reading glasses can lead to confusion.... those particular speakers would be too small for me, I thought they were the full Falcons.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
barryb5

Post by barryb5 »

Yep, they're fairly dinky - marginally deeper than the LS3/5A. Of course, they throw a sound that belies their size, like a lot of these mini-monitors. They're great speakers.
barryb5

Post by barryb5 »

Ok, I'll let these go on sale now, as I've purchased a SUT via the bay - a nice EAR MC4, which seems to get very good reviews.

The Falcons I'll let go for exactly what I paid for them, which I think is a fair price indeed, given there was a recent price rise from the manufacturer (built they are 1400 pounds before tax). So, 750 E. They're gold badge spec with grill and will make someone happy who is after a small-ish speaker who enjoys BBC type sound.

I'll leave them here for a few days before they go on adverts.ie. Cheers. Collection, Sandyford, D16.