End of Slimdevices/Logitech Squeezbox

james

End of Slimdevices/Logitech Squeezbox

Post by james »

https://www.mysqueezebox.com/index/Home

".....
Hello Squeezebox and UE SmartRadio users

After a more than ten year journey, as of February 2024, we will discontinue our UESmartRadio.com and MySqueezebox.com servers. We would like to thank you for your loyalty and support throughout this time.

It has not been an easy decision to take, particularly because we have been maintaining the Squeezebox servers more than a decade after we stopped selling the devices themselves. However, after carefully evaluating the changing music services landscape and ever-evolving security requirements, we have to recognize that, going forward, we will not be able to maintain our services to the necessary standards.

As a consequence of this shutdown, support for services integrating with MySqueezebox.com/UESmartRadio.com will no longer be available on your devices. Most notably this will impact users of TIDAL, Pandora, and Deezer.

Nevertheless, you will still be able to use your UE SmartRadio/Squeezebox by accessing the Logitech Media Server locally. All users will need to download and run some software locally, which can be found here. That means you can continue to enjoy much of the functionality you love.

We're here to assist you during this transition, and we will be available to answer any questions or provide guidance should you encounter any difficulties.

Thank you again for being part of our community.

If you have any questions, please reach out to us at forums.slimdevices.com.
....."

A real pity. I got into streaming with a squeezebox. I still have it. I was thinking of getting it working again (I also have a naim ndx streamer) but it looks like I wont be able.
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Sloop John B

Re: End of Slimdevices/Logitech Squeezbox

Post by Sloop John B »

I think if you have LMS running on a Pi there is no need for squeezebox.com -at least this is what I was reading on PFM.

So don’t despair!

.sjb
Fran
Site Admin

Re: End of Slimdevices/Logitech Squeezbox

Post by Fran »

I think you can run a version of LMS locally and the squeezebox will run. Also, I think there has been much community developed support over the years, so I'd say if you are ok with doing a bit of messing about with installs etc you'll find a way around.

I too have an original squeezebox. I should probably put it up for sale.
Do or do not, there is no try