For folks sake....

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Derek

Re: For folks sake....

Post by Derek »

A 2001 Boxset from Rounder Records 60 odd tracks covering music genres from early American Folk, Country, Bluegrass, Zydeco, Cajun, Blues...
I learned a lot just having this playing in the background.
Roots music and some not so much, but with a definitive link back to to it.

Klezmer Conservatory Band, Tish Hinojosa, Slaid Cleaves, IIIrd Tyme Out,
I never heard of them either, but they more than hold their own beside Joe Ely, Dave Van Ronk, Boozoo Chavis, Norman Blake, Robert Nighthawk & Carey Bell...
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Nice Derek... great label anyway.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

HiFiFan wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:45 pm I was inspired to try 0XN - CYRM after listening to Lankum. I think it has 2 of their members.
Radie Peat (of that famous shop on Parnell St) and Spud Murphy who is a sort of roadie, technician, producer with Lankum.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
fergus

Post by fergus »

Chinese Folk Music Album [CD 1]

This is very attractive, entertaining and exciting music. The sonorities from the range of musical instruments employed is wonderful. The music is also wonderfully played.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Ivor wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:40 pm
HiFiFan wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:45 pm I was inspired to try 0XN - CYRM after listening to Lankum. I think it has 2 of their members.
Radie Peat (of that famous shop on Parnell St) and Spud Murphy who is a sort of roadie, technician, producer with Lankum.
OXN are on "Other Voices" this week I believe.

fergus

Post by fergus »

June Tabor: Ashore

What an absolutely wonderful voice!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Derek

Post by Derek »

Cracking album, really well recorded,
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.