What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
JAW

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by JAW »

Don't know what to make of this, it certainly isn't blues. Wah wah and fuzz all over the place and Muddy Waters sounds nonplussed at times.

This is so much better

cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:05 pm
cybot wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:01 pm This one I picked up only yesterday. Damo’s last days with the band.

Can confound me. Some stuff I love and some leaves me wondering whether they're taking the proverbial!
Improvisation is the key 🔑 and, as you’ve discovered, it can be very much hit and miss especially live. I remember as a teenager buying Ege Bamyasi, and because there were no recognisable guitar solos I returned it the very next day. Little did I know then that I’d become one of their staunchest supporters. It all (re)started with Mother Sky from Soundtracks. Now that was more like it 🎸
cybot

Post by cybot »

What telepathic improvisation can achieve ☺️

cybot

Post by cybot »

This little beauty arrived earlier. A surprise as I only ordered it yesterday afternoon! Beautifully and strongly packed too. Plastic sleeve was included and Lp with inner separate from main cover. Nice touch. Kudos go to………Freebird.

fergus

Post by fergus »

Arms and Sleepers: Nostalgia for the Absolute

This is a short but very attractive album with very engaging music and music making. It is the third time that I have listened to this album recently and I will no doubt return to it again. There is a broad sonic spectrum on offer here and I find it to be a good mix between acoustic and electronic music.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:10 pm Arms and Sleepers: Nostalgia for the Absolute

This is a short but very attractive album with very engaging music and music making. It is the third time that I have listened to this album recently and I will no doubt return to it again. There is a broad sonic spectrum on offer here and I find it to be a good mix between acoustic and electronic music.
Nice find Fergus!
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:10 pm Arms and Sleepers: Nostalgia for the Absolute

Beautiful sleeve. Very unusual name. Sounds intriguing….
cybot

Post by cybot »

This one arrived earlier from Spindizzy. Triple vinyl box set. Numero group.

tweber

Post by tweber »

"Third Man Records’ live direct-to-acetate recordings take place in the Blue Room in Nashville, TN and are cut exclusively on a 1955 Scully lathe that originally came from King Records in Cincinnati. Recorded live in one-shot, with no overdubs, no redo's, no starting-and-stopping, the process is truly of another time, rendered obsolete by the late 1950's and only available nowadays in TMR's locations in Detroit and Nashville."
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:52 pm Image

"Third Man Records’ live direct-to-acetate recordings take place in the Blue Room in Nashville, TN and are cut exclusively on a 1955 Scully lathe that originally came from King Records in Cincinnati. Recorded live in one-shot, with no overdubs, no redo's, no starting-and-stopping, the process is truly of another time, rendered obsolete by the late 1950's and only available nowadays in TMR's locations in Detroit and Nashville."
Have you got it Shane?