Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Derek

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Derek »

I just love this guy I have several albums, this takes my fancy this morning.
From 2008, it went to Number 1 in Italy, (of course).

NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

Derek wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:47 am I just love this guy I have several albums, this takes my fancy this morning.
From 2008, it went to Number 1 in Italy, (of course).

One of the Italian real music treasures.

Best
Max (spin the black circle)
Seán

Post by Seán »

And on the Clearaudio Champion LE:

Johnny hodges last recording opens the album. Rab sure could play the blues

Duke pays tribute to four New Orleans greats. Two of them are:

Cootie Williams on 'Portrait of Louis Armstrong'.

Paul Gonsalves on 'Portrait of Sidney Bechet', this piece was originally written for Johny but he died a few days before this recording

And my favourite 'Second 'Line':

Just magnificent music making.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

On the TT:
Duke Ellington's First Sacred Concert:

Duke Ellington was a deeply religious man and composed and performed music for three different sacred concerts this was the first one. The album is on Youtube:
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I was killing time at home and went down the You Tube Rabbit hole of "interesting" albums.. nearly all jazz as it happens... first up

It turns out my copy is an original from the 1961, Roulette/Birdland series and still in perfect nick! the label for side 2 is actually on both sides but I suspect that won't make me rich at the record fairs....

next

After years of listening to Miles I'd probably go for this over "kind of Blue" and the "experts" (Michael Fremer, Ken Micallef) agree.. it's all subjective.

Next....

I remember seeing a 1metre by 1 metre framed graphic of this cover in Habitat years ago. I wated it. But with fresh kids and fresh mortgage I coultn't afford to even consider it! (it was a whole ir£250)

Next

One of those LPs that was released with the magazine... Jazz 33 1/3 and as such it kinda got lost among many others at that time but it's rapidly becoming one of my favourite "go to" records - incredibly well recorded it's dynamic and fresh.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I always thought the Modern Jazz Quartet were classy. A Japanese pressing helps! 😀
Jazz_Dialogue.jpg
Jazz_Dialogue.jpg (13.43 KiB) Viewed 49 times
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
fergus

Post by fergus »

Good stuff Ivor!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra