Dutch & Dutch 8c

Diapason

Dutch & Dutch 8c

Post by Diapason »

There was some talk of these back in the day, but has anyone here ever heard them? I've been down a rabbit hole reading about them recently and I've got myself in all of a tizzy now, and really need some direct experience.

Anyone?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Re: Dutch & Dutch 8c

Post by DaveF »

Never heard of them but they do look interesting. Clearly the onus is on you now to buy a pair and report back here.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Sloop John B had a demo lined up years ago, but I don't know if it ever happened.

I'm not sure I'm ready to make this kinda leap again!
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:20 pm Sloop John B had a demo lined up years ago, but I don't know if it ever happened.

I'm not sure I'm ready to make this kinda leap again!
Buy you have nice speakers from Bruan O now anyway!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Yeah, and they're good enough that they've unlocked a hunger I had successfully suppressed. The Dutch would not be to replace the Audioplans in my mind, they'd go somewhere else (where I could possibly play louder).

I'll get over it in a week or two.
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

Well as it has turned out, I got my Dutch 8C speaker demo last Saturday from Lee in strictly stereo outside of Manchester when I was over visiting the artist that is now called chxmist (my son).

I was very impressed by their musical presentation – it’s hard to put sound into words but I think I was expecting with so much digital manipulation going on the speakers might not sound natural and this was totally not the case. One of the demo tracks was poor boy by Nick Drake, that sounded better than I’ve ever heard it

The sound stage was better than my current system but it is mainly Naim who are not renowned for soundstage and I suppose I have not listened to too many other sets of speakers but I did have Harbeths on demo from Clooney did listen to Magico and B&W speakers in Clooney at the time And none of them peaked my interest from the point of view are being possible purchases whereas in a world where Brexit hadn’t happened I probably would now be setting up the sale of my current system and the purchase of the 8c.

Nothing stood out as missing. They have sweet treble and surprisingly good bass but neither drew attention to themselves and the music just majored.

All this listening was done through Roon and used like this they are a full system apart from a Roon core somewhere on the local internet. Considering I have an Auralic Aries G2 into chord m-scaler into Hugo TT2 even before I get to my Naim pre and power amp, they really are phenomenal.

usually caveats, I’d have to listen to them in my own room (difficult post Brexit) and my musical memory is spectacularly unreliable. (I was trying out 2 different sub presets back and forth at home lately and settled on a particular one only to find I had the sub muted!)

So in conclusion if there was any way to sell my Naim 552 plus PS and my naim 300Dr plus PS at a reasonable price I’d jump at these.

.sjb
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Well now, that's interesting indeed! I have to be honest, I wondered if there was a "smart" way to get these that didn't involve the UK, but either way there's no point doing anything else until I actually hear them. The price has give up a bit since I started looking, which doesn't help.

Delighted you got to hear them, SJB, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.