What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
JAW

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by JAW »

Since I signed up to Tidal I've been going over albums or groups I didn't like in the way back when I first heard them. In 2024 I don't know why I didn't take to Family in 1970, (maybe because I was only 12 at the time!). Anyway, I'm making up for it now. On this album, side one is live and side two studio, but it doesn't really matter, the band are tight whatever. Apart from Roger Chapman's vibrato vocals, Charlie Whitney is a distinctive and creative guitarist. The rest of the band are no slouches either.

cybot

Post by cybot »

I too never passed any remarks on Family either but I do recall Roger Chapman’s unique vocal style. I’ve been meaning to check them out properly since I was a traumatised 6 year old hearing his vocals for the first time 😂 Anyway…
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

One of the things I love about streaming is finding stuff you'd never come across otherwise. Qobuz suggested this new release to me this morning and, in a sure sign that the algo has got me nailed, I unironically love it. 80s-style synthy cheese that skirts so close to parody it's both ridiculous and delicious.
rsz_1screenshot_20240413-113448.jpg
rsz_1screenshot_20240413-113448.jpg (19.04 KiB) Viewed 174 times
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Derek

Post by Derek »

Almost made me lose my coffee through my nose.
:)
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
markof

Post by markof »

Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Derek

Post by Derek »

Having just finished reading Geezer Butler's - "Into The Void" this is going down a real treat.

Currently being played, Bleedin' Loud, nothing pedestrian about it.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Derek wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:40 pm Image

Having just finished reading Geezer Butler's - "Into The Void" this is going down a real treat.

Currently being played, Bleedin' Loud, nothing pedestrian about it.
WHAAATTTT!?!? I can't hear you!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

Good man Derek 🎸💥🎸
cybot

Post by cybot »

Can’t find the one I’m looking for (BTWOS) so this’ll have to do.

Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

JAW wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:47 pm Since I signed up to Tidal I've been going over albums or groups I didn't like in the way back when I first heard them. In 2024 I don't know why I didn't take to Family in 1970, (maybe because I was only 12 at the time!). Anyway, I'm making up for it now. On this album, side one is live and side two studio, but it doesn't really matter, the band are tight whatever. Apart from Roger Chapman's vibrato vocals, Charlie Whitney is a distinctive and creative guitarist. The rest of the band are no slouches either.

I have a Roger Chapman solo LP called Mango Crazy on Linn Records Label from 1983. Must root it and give it a spin.