What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Derek

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by Derek »

cybot wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:56 pm Can’t find the one I’m looking for (BTWOS) so this’ll have to do.
Nice one Dermot, that must have been close enough to the end for Sabbath.
Probably has Tommy Clufetos on drums, he'd been with Ozzy's band.
Mind you after reading the book I realised, I really didn't know who was in the band at any given time since Ozzy left in '79.
A mad amount of line up changes.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Derek

Post by Derek »

This may have been up before but deserves bump.
Diamond Mine from King Creosote & Jon Hopkins, a sublime recording released in 2011, I have the Jubilee Edition from 2012. It has a few extra tracks, on the Domino label.

Blurb from the site;..."a labour of love. It is the "soundtrack to a romanticised version of a life lived in a Scottish coastal village".
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Derek wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:53 pm This may have been up before but deserves bump.
Diamond Mine from King Creosote & Jon Hopkins, a sublime recording released in 2011, I have the Jubilee Edition from 2012. It has a few extra tracks, on the Domino label.

Blurb from the site;..."a labour of love. It is the "soundtrack to a romanticised version of a life lived in a Scottish coastal village".
It's not often something unique and timeless is released... this is one.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Derek wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:41 pm
cybot wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:56 pm Can’t find the one I’m looking for (BTWOS) so this’ll have to do.
Mind you after reading the book I realised, I really didn't know who was in the band at any given time since Ozzy left in '79.
Thanks Derek. A crazy amount of lineup changes indeed. That live in the studio video is from 2017. The one I wanted from around the same time has mysteriously disappeared. It’s only amazing. ‘Behind the Wall of Sleep’. The atmosphere is the studio is palpable. Endtimes. I still remember the very first time I heard it in my local record shop. For once the crabby owner wasn’t there and myself and my mate plucked up the courage to ask his assistant to play it. Wow! There wasn’t a soul in the shop and it was late evening. I still remember gazing down the long corridor beyond the counter. Spooky. Sad to say my mate passed on only a month ago. Sigh…..
Derek

Post by Derek »

Sorry to read about your mate.
The first time I heard Black Sabbath was in primary school. Our teacher had told us he was bringing in a record player on Friday and we could bring what we wanted to play. One of the lads brought his older brothers copy of "Black Sabbath" (1st LP) needless to say we were blown away, you could have heard a pin drop. Can't buy experiences like that.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Derek wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:26 pm Sorry to read about your mate.
The first time I heard Black Sabbath was in primary school. Our teacher had told us he was bringing in a record player on Friday and we could bring what we wanted to play. One of the lads brought his older brothers copy of "Black Sabbath" (1st LP) needless to say we were blown away, you could have heard a pin drop. Can't buy experiences like that.
Love the story. Life changing. No you definitely cannot replicate experiences like that. Ever.
I only found out about my old pal last week. Didn’t even know he’d passed. Then the memories start creeping in. One in particular I cherish is the time we were in the same shop relocated to the center of town. Crabby was there this time. Anyway there was one Lp I was interested in but no price sticker. So we both sauntered up to the counter. Rather nervously I asked him how much it was. My jaw dropped when he told me and I immediately tried to back peddle to the hole I emerged from. Reading the situation perfectly Micheal turned round, grabbed the Lp and bought it for me. I couldn’t believe it. Still can’t!. And the Lp? Neil Young's Decade :) God bless you Michael…..
JAW

Post by JAW »

One of the great could have, should have, made it bigger bands. Live from the Paradiso, Amsterdam 1979. The audience don't sound too up for it, but the band give it a bash.

JAW

Post by JAW »

cybot wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:17 pm
Derek wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:41 pm
Thanks Derek. A crazy amount of lineup changes indeed. That live in the studio video is from 2017. The one I wanted from around the same time has mysteriously disappeared. It’s only amazing. ‘Behind the Wall of Sleep’. The atmosphere is the studio is palpable. Endtimes. I still remember the very first time I heard it in my local record shop. For once the crabby owner wasn’t there and myself and my mate plucked up the courage to ask his assistant to play it. Wow! There wasn’t a soul in the shop and it was late evening. I still remember gazing down the long corridor beyond the counter. Spooky. Sad to say my mate passed on only a month ago. Sigh…..
Sorry to hear about your pal, Dermot. It's always tough losing an old friend. I may have posted my Sabbath story before, but my best friend in school back in the early seventies had an older brother who had the first proper stereo I heard. He was very possessive about it and wouldn't let our greasy little mits near it. When he went out he used to pop the fuse out of the bank of the amp and we eventually twigged this and bought a fuse. The first track we played was Wheels of Confusion from Black Sabbath Vol.4 and that just blew me away and opened new doors for me. I remember getting a few slaps from the older brother when he came home unexpectedly, but it was well worth it to hear Vol. 4, Led 2, In the Court of the Crimson King, etc.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

JAW wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:47 pm One of the great could have, should have, made it bigger bands. Live from the Paradiso, Amsterdam 1979. The audience don't sound too up for it, but the band give it a
John Perry who plays that great opening riff on "Another Girl another Planet" often tours Ireland with Martin Stephenson (of The Daintees) and they are well worth catching live.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

Mark Knopfler's records are like a plate of beef stew served in your local traditional pub: you may say it is not anything new, but is is so damn good!

Best
Attachments
IMG_20240417_183752.jpg
IMG_20240417_183752.jpg (153.5 KiB) Viewed 50 times
Max (spin the black circle)