HD-PLEX Linear Supply - Landed...

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: HD-PLEX Linear Supply - Landed...

Post by nige2000 »

Claus wrote:Looks very tidy inside! But I had the exact same problem when using a laptop charger with earth. Am I risking death if I remove the earth on the power cord? Nothing in Denmark has earth so...
IMG_3124.jpg
Ha ha

Maybe you'll be ok without earth but the Irish and British will get fried ;)

I can't see in the photo but the gnd output must be earthed

I'd chance it without earth
Mostly to do with local electrical std
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Claus

Post by Claus »

Got an email from Larry. Just have to remove a screw connecting the board to the chassis... Great service from hd-plex!
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

that aught to do it

i didnt see the screw on the board

Another good thing about this supply it uses two bridge rectifiers seperate regs and caps for each of its rails which makes it better for audio as noise won't travel between rails

I think it may be possible to use the 12v to charge the cuinas As it will give a cleaner supply than via the usb port of the nuc just be damn sure to check its compatability with John first

Powering the nas might have a small benefit either
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Claus

Post by Claus »

Thanks Nigel. The screw fix did the job. I suspect the 12v is too much for ciunas charging. Will check with sir Kenny. might try it with NAS if I can find a 2.1mm barrel plug in my drawer....
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

AFAIK the cuinas regulates the voltage down to 3.3v for the lifepo4
It might not matter whether you feed 12v or 5v in

But regulating down from 12v might have an adverse effect to sq
Maybe worth an experiment as long as it's safe to do so

Do you hear a difference in sq while the cuinas is charged as opposed to not charging?
If you can't its not really worth pursuing a better ps for it

Anyway glad you got sorted