What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by Ivor »

I took a little drive in the sunshine down to Beat That Records in Arklow. Somebody somewhere had told me they held a good stock of second hand vinyl.. and they did! A decent selection of CDs and books too but I didn't linger.

All the records are in good nick, prices sensible and the records were easy to browse as somebody had taken time to categorise them with some degree of logic. If you're ever heading that way if you come into the town over the bridge the shop is almost straight in front of you on Main St, take a sharp left and there a few parking spaces there.
this little haul was a total of €45

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:I took a little drive in the sunshine down to Beat That Records in Arklow. Somebody somewhere had told me they held a good stock of second hand vinyl.. and they did! A decent selection of CDs and books too but I didn't linger.

All the records are in good nick, prices sensible and the records were easy to browse as somebody had taken time to categorise them with some degree of logic. If you're ever heading that way if you come into the town over the bridge the shop is almost straight in front of you on Main St, take a sharp left and there a few parking spaces there.
this little haul was a total of €45

Nice haul Ivor. The Lanois is a little peach of a record. Not sure whether you'll like the "Bird" soundtrack though. Fast and furious if I remember rightly. Must dig it out later just to satisfy my curiosity.......
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:
Nice haul Ivor. The Lanois is a little peach of a record. Not sure whether you'll like the "Bird" soundtrack though. Fast and furious if I remember rightly. Must dig it out later just to satisfy my curiosity.......

I have the Lanois on CD and always liked it, vinyl will be even better! I know most of the Bird OST already but it's been a while... it will suit some mood some evening.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:

I have the Lanois on CD and always liked it, vinyl will be even better! I know most of the Bird OST already but it's been a while... it will suit some mood some evening.
Enjoy!
cybot

Post by cybot »

Absolutely stunning reissue editions of these sacred Lps. Directly from their source in Barcelona courtesy of Wah Wah Records. The first one has been expanded to a double Lp with posters, a bonus cut etc etc. The second Lp has long been unavailable except at ridiculous second hand prices. "The Song Of Solomon" indeed :)

cybot

Post by cybot »

cybot

Post by cybot »

Finally my very first Lp from Classified Records up my (Dundalk) way! An uncompromising Krautrock inspired opus and their first in 7 years. It's a double and comes with a d/l card.

Jimmy Cake....
tweber

Post by tweber »

Picked up in lieu of Hendrix in the West
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote:Image
You HAVE to get HITW Shane! Was it not in? Did you not like it?

Tell us about "Freedom". Mine was posted today. Can't wait :)

Edit:

Ah.....I understand what happened. You don't have to explain :)
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote:
tweber wrote:Image
You HAVE to get HITW Shane! Was it not in? Did you not like it?

Tell us about "Freedom". Mine was posted today. Can't wait :)

Edit:

Ah.....I understand what happened. You don't have to explain :)
Out of stock but I ordered it, hopefully have it next week. Seemed rude not to buy something else so picked this up but unfortunately working today so no chance to listen yet. Track list looks good though. Tomorrow evening, I hope.