What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:Was absolutely falling over myself when I saw this in the doddery Tower vinyl racks earlier today :) Definitely one of Peter Green's best collaborations.....
Oh that looks like a gem!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:Was absolutely falling over myself when I saw this in the doddery Tower vinyl racks earlier today :) Definitely one of Peter Green's best collaborations.....
Oh that looks like a gem!

Exciting find I tell you Ivor! It's on the MOV imprint and retails for the very reasonable €24.99. Listening to it now and Peter's guitar just cuts like a knife. J P Leary's wayward drumming is an absolute hoot :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

All the way from Experimedia up Ohio way.....

cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber

Post by tweber »

Image €2.99 in my local Centra!

Part of my latest haul
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote:
Part of my latest haul
Nice mostly bluesy haul there Shane though I'm not familiar with any of them except the names. Is the second one a Tame Impala album? It's hard to make out. Anyway happy listening....
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote:
tweber wrote:
Part of my latest haul
Nice mostly bluesy haul there Shane though I'm not familiar with any of them except the names. Is the second one a Tame Impala album? It's hard to make out. Anyway happy listening....
Yup Dermot, Currents, Tame Impala's latest. Less guitar based than previously, a great listen. Sorry, pic from Amazon. Got a lot of stuff recently but too busy to post or listen to a lot of it yet.
Heard Roger Waters lp today too, sounded good, if not all to my taste, enjoy
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote:
cybot wrote:
tweber wrote:
Part of my latest haul
Yup Dermot, Currents, Tame Impala's latest. Less guitar based than previously, a great listen. Sorry, pic from Amazon. Got a lot of stuff recently but too busy to post or listen to a lot of it yet.
Right, thanks for that Shane. Ah poor old Roger! I can't stand the chap - solo I mean - but since I've never, ever seen an Lp version of ATD and, as usual, being an easy to fool audiophile, fell for the blurb, I had to have it! Had a quick listen to his trademark rant (and the annoying female backing vocals) and, even though it did sound ok, I just wasn't in the mood for the long haul.......until this unbelievable sound effect nearly destroyed the four walls of my listening room! Then......total silence. I feared the worst. Blown drivers? Thankfully the music started again and everything was fine. I can't remember the track but I will later on!

Also I have to say I'm not gone on the redesigned cover; Bring back the monkey!
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:
tweber wrote:
Right, thanks for that Shane. Ah poor old Roger! I can't stand the chap - solo I mean - but since I've never, ever seen an Lp version of ATD and, as usual, being an easy to fool audiophile, fell for the blurb, I had to have it! Had a quick listen to his trademark rant (and the annoying female backing vocals) and, even though it did sound ok, I just wasn't in the mood for the long haul.......until this unbelievable sound effect nearly destroyed the four walls of my listening room! Then......total silence. I feared the worst. Blown drivers? Thankfully the music started again and everything was fine. I can't remember the track but I will later on!

Also I have to say I'm not gone on the redesigned cover; Bring back the monkey!

I am a Gilmour man myself!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra