What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:00 pm Bought in Vinyl Dun Laoghaire both second hand (most of their stock is) and while they may have been played it didn't show!

the Tindersticks one is from 2016 and a bit funkier than their early stuff. Lump is Laura Marling and Mike Lindsay - probably a one-off project for both of them. Lindsay is a producer/multi instrumentalist from an odd electro folk band Truum. Anyway... her lyrics over his angular soundscapes makes for an interesting listen.

If Fergus was still active on this forum he'd be intrigued with the two sleeves and, no doubt, have something witty to say about them!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:19 pm If Fergus was still active on this forum he'd be intrigued with the two sleeves and, no doubt, have something witty to say about them!
very odd covers alright but very much in keeping with the music. If Fergus still browses... I hope you're well old bean.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tweber

Post by tweber »

These 2 lps have been played a lot here recently (again). Two of my favourites from last year:

and from one of the most underrated bands of the 90s/00s (Supergrass):
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Finally bought all three on vinyl. I've loved them on CD and download but this is much more engaging.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:54 pm Image
Honest opinion Shane, what is the Neil opus really like? I passed on it during the week and ended up buying nothing. A first for me 😱
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:42 am
Honest opinion Shane, what is the Neil opus really like? I passed on it during the week and ended up buying nothing. A first for me 😱
Haven't had time to listen to it yet but it came highly recommended from my local shop lads - tbh I wasn't going to bother either but was well impressed with the last release "Songs for Judy" so bought it on impulse with around 4 other lps hence the delay in listening. It's been Rory and Richard Hawley most of the last 2 weeks ;-)
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

Popped into town to day to pick up this excellent compilation

On the first run through, the second acoustic blues CD is something else.

.sjb
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I have to say that Fontaines DC album is one of the most exciting things I've heard in years. Brings me right back to my youth! I've been playing it a lot since I got it a few weeks ago. I've been playing it loud too.

Live versions a bit different from the LP... as they should be.

cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:49 pm
cybot wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:42 am
Haven't had time to listen to it yet but it came highly recommended from my local shop lads - tbh I wasn't going to bother either but was well impressed with the last release "Songs for Judy" so bought it on impulse with around 4 other lps hence the delay in listening. It's been Rory and Richard Hawley most of the last 2 weeks ;-)
Saw that SFJ but passed on that too. Just haven't got into any Neil stuff since Greendale :)

Now that I'm having fun prepping my forgotten laser m/c for the Tangs box set I might just get that new Rory on cd just to hear the scorching acoustic blues on the second disc. I blame you entirely Shane!