What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by cybot »

Arrived in super quick time. Here's someone else opening the box 😊

https://youtu.be/VxnKw0wS3rA
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:35 am
tweber wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:49 pm
cybot wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:42 am

Honest opinion Shane, what is the Neil opus really like? I passed on it during the week and ended up buying nothing. A first for me 😱
Haven't had time to listen to it yet but it came highly recommended from my local shop lads - tbh I wasn't going to bother either but was well impressed with the last release "Songs for Judy" so bought it on impulse with around 4 other lps hence the delay in listening. It's been Rory and Richard Hawley most of the last 2 weeks ;-)
Saw that SFJ but passed on that too. Just haven't got into any Neil stuff since Greendale :)

Now that I'm having fun prepping my forgotten laser m/c for the Tangs box set I might just get that new Rory on cd just to hear the scorching acoustic blues on the second disc. I blame you entirely Shane!
I try Dermot :-)
tweber

Post by tweber »

I have to say that Fontaines DC album is one of the most exciting things I've heard in years. Brings me right back to my youth! I've been playing it a lot since I got it a few weeks ago. I've been playing it loud too.
Agreed Ivor, raw, in a good way.
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot

Post by cybot »

What a RSD runaround! Finally secured my 50th Anniversary double vinyl edition with the very last throw of the dice as everywhere else was sold out. I eventually tried Tower in desperation and, would believe it, they had one copy left. Musiczone down Cork way have it too. Dig the cherry sticker :)

tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:10 pm What a RSD runaround! Finally secured my 50th Anniversary double vinyl edition with the very last throw of the dice as everywhere else was sold out. I eventually tried Tower in desperation and, would believe it, they had one copy left. Musiczone down Cork way have it too. Dig the cherry sticker :)

We have it all in Cork...boy😉
cybot

Post by cybot »

😜😜😜😜😜
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

cybot wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:46 pm 😜😜😜😜😜
So! How is it sounding? You are probably 'split' between the original and the double LP reissue!
cybot

Post by cybot »

Cyndale wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:58 am
cybot wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:46 pm 😜😜😜😜😜
So! How is it sounding? You are probably 'split' between the original and the double LP reissue!
Ha ha! One word : Fantastic. Very happy 😊
tweber

Post by tweber »

Doves....One of my favourite bands ever, hoping this is as good as reviews are saying.
Saw them many years ago in Carlow! The Factory was the venue I think, bought an engagement ring the following day in Kilkenny :-)