What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by cybot »

As beautiful a celebratory vinyl issue sonically and otherwise as you'd wish. It's just a pity it came too late. Half Speed Mastered with proper 33 and one third playback instead of the dreaded (by me) 45 rpm.

Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

cybot wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:05 pm As beautiful a celebratory vinyl issue sonically and otherwise as you'd wish. It's just a pity it came too late. Half Speed Mastered with proper 33 and one third playback instead of the dreaded (by me) 45 rpm.

A beautiful package all right, I might just have to go get this one!
cybot

Post by cybot »

......quick before they run out of stock 😜
tweber

Post by tweber »

€56 or so. Worth it for 4 extra tracks Dermot? Just bought the '69-74 box on cd so really trying not to go mad on FM
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:40 pm €56 or so. Worth it for 4 extra tracks Dermot? Just bought the '69-74 box on cd so really trying not to go mad on FM
It's not for the four extra tracks Shane good and all asthey undoubtedly are, it's for the overall half speed mastered sound quality which gives it a platform it never had before. This really is a must buy. No question. Ridiculous price but.....sorry, you owe yourself a treat 😜
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:01 pm
tweber wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:40 pm €56 or so. Worth it for 4 extra tracks Dermot? Just bought the '69-74 box on cd so really trying not to go mad on FM
It's not for the four extra tracks Shane good and all asthey undoubtedly are, it's for the overall half speed mastered sound quality which gives it a platform it never had before. This really is a must buy. No question. Ridiculous price but.....sorry, you owe yourself a treat 😜
Not the answer I was hoping for Dermot😊. Finance dept. won't be amused
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

That Cybot character is 'dangerous' for your pocket. I went on a mad one and bought the Then Play On half-speed double LP on his recommendation and while I was at it, I bought Ibrahim Ferrer (Buena Vista Social Club fame) Buenos Hermanos. The Ibrahim Ferrer is probably too elitist for his 'wild' tastes.

tweber

Post by tweber »

Cyndale wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:18 pm That Cybot character is 'dangerous' for your pocket. I went on a mad one and bought the Then Play On half-speed double LP on his recommendation and while I was at it, I bought Ibrahim Ferrer (Buena Vista Social Club fame) Buenos Hermanos. The Ibrahim Ferrer is probably too elitist for his 'wild' tastes.

I think he may have a double 0 number....
cybot

Post by cybot »

😊🎸😊🎸
Claus

Post by Claus »

Vinyl woes:
First...
Big Thief - Masterpiece. Marred by noise all the way through. 😞
Returned to Tower (who exchanged no questions asked) and second copy was as bad! Real shame as it is a nice album.

Maddison Cunningham - Who Are You Now. Same problem.
Returned to Amazon for a refund.

Very annoying that brand new official releases are so bad. The Cunningham was on Verve and looked as if one of my second class kids had cut the album with dull scissors... The warble was SIDEWAYS!
😡
Ironically the Zavvii order all sound and play great and they cost a fiver each!
Rant over ... as you were...