What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by Ivor »

Claus wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:12 pm Vinyl woes:

Very annoying that brand new official releases are so bad. The Cunningham was on Verve and looked as if one of my second class kids had cut the album with dull scissors... The warble was SIDEWAYS!
😡
Ironically the Zavvii order all sound and play great and they cost a fiver each!
Rant over ... as you were...
Quite a lot of the new releases, even of old recordings, seem to be sub standard. Not all but enough that the above is not as unusual as it should be. I start with a run on the vinyl cleaner as soon as they come out out of the inner sleeve, my stylus thanks me.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

Picked this up in a Blackrock Market stall.
Had forgotten about these guys. Saw them in the Magnet Bar way back. The sweatiest, most energetic gig I have been at.

Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Gosh! I haven't been in the Blackrock Market for years, actually thought it had closed down.

Is there enough vinyl there to make it worth a visit?
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

Not a big selection at all, but you could probably find one or two items. I just happened to be in the area on Saturday so got a coffee and dropped by. The small shop does a a range of items and has a few boxes of ups inside and outside the shop.
The one I got was an unused old lp, perfect condition
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

ConorW wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:15 pm Not a big selection at all, but you could probably find one or two items. I just happened to be in the area on Saturday so got a coffee and dropped by. The small shop does a a range of items and has a few boxes of LPs inside and outside the shop.
The one I got was an unused old lp, perfect condition