Tellurium Q Black speaker cable.

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
Maciej

Re: Tellurium Q Black speaker cable.

Post by Maciej »

Hello,

I purchased 2m pair to replace my Chord Odyssey 4 and I must say that I fully agree with Ivor and most of the opinions that are in circulation in relation to Tellurium Black.

Those cables are very clean throughout all the frequencies. The cable acts like a filter that purifies notes in good sense without removing any information from music, all its clear and unpolluted.

The listener receives only what is needed and intended to be heard by musician or sound engineer.
Bass gained nice control, and the highs are just right, not too bright but present and diversified.

Plain enough look but comparing to my previous cable this one is much easier to accommodate around the floor, audio tables as it is thin and flexible.

Regards
Maciej
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

just to mention... Dave in KronosAV did say that as they burn in the cable's characteristics "go away" and then come back again. Currently mine sound a little bright (Tony can attest to this!) and I'm hoping they mellow out again. I'm only getting a good listen to the system once or twice a week at the moment so burn in is going to be slow.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Yes I can agree with Ivor there. Unfortunately the telleriums did nothing for my system. I am using nordost solar wind which are fairly old cables in the nordost range. They seem to be giving me what I am expecting from my system. I was going through a phase of trying out cables and Ivor kindly brought up his tellq's but they made the system glaringly bright for some reason and maybe Dave from kronos has hit on the reason.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote:Yes I can agree with Ivor there. Unfortunately the telleriums did nothing for my system. I am using nordost solar wind which are fairly old cables in the nordost range. They seem to be giving me what I am expecting from my system. I was going through a phase of trying out cables and Ivor kindly brought up his tellq's but they made the system glaringly bright for some reason and maybe Dave from kronos has hit on the reason.
It was after I brought them back from yours that I noticed the sharpness - just bad timing for your trial I think. Assuming they will settle down again it might be interesting to try them in your system once more. Just for 'pig iron'.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Just for pig iron wouldnt mind either. I had high hopes for that cable but for some reason I always end up with lars the waffler's cable. Maybe there is something in that nordost magic dust after all.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

Could it be your stereo Tony that damaged Ivor’s cables for good?....:)

I hope this is not so extreme and the cables will return to their previous glory. To me personally if this is only slight brightness I would not mind as much as in the case it would get duller and blunt and lifeless at the end.
I think that would be interesting conversation for anyone who claims that any hi –fi gear especially cables does not change, improve or in worst case deteriorate over the time.

I spoke with Anthony Michaelson from MF in relation to his M1 DAC and he said that he does not believe in that any of his gear is improving or changing their sound over the time, which is very strange when next to what he said reviewer from Stereophile claims the following at the end of the review:

Some dealers offer the M1 DAC with a money-back guarantee. Before you judge its sound, let it run in—let it stay on passing music—for at least 100 hours. I think you'll keep it.

AR at least should give some hope to his customers that after 100 hours his product would sound much, much better, just take your time, is hi that honest???
Last edited by Maciej on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tony

Post by tony »

[quote="Maciej"]Could it be your stereo Tony that damaged Ivor’s cables for good?....:)

Dont know maybe the kharma in my amp blew the cobwebs out of the tellerium and it has blown away. I will check the hoover,on second thoughts I will just drop the hoover bag over to Ivor as I am sure he can recognise tellerium more readily than me.
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

tony wrote:
Maciej wrote:Could it be your stereo Tony that damaged Ivor’s cables for good?....:)

Dont know maybe the kharma in my amp blew the cobwebs out of the tellerium and it has blown away. I will check the hoover,on second thoughts I will just drop the hoover bag over to Ivor as I am sure he can recognise tellerium more readily than me.
No more jokes…had to use online translator to figure it out the meaning and that’s truly not funny!:)
Regards

Maciej
tony

Post by tony »

No more jokes…had to use online translator to figure it out the meaning and that’s truly not funny!:)
Regards

Maciej[/quote]

Hi Macief
Sorry for the bad humour but I am just trying to put Ivor off the scent, I dont want a large insurance claim for damaged cables and the stress caused.

Cheers Tony
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Ivor, the only solution is to stop listening to the hardware and concentrate on what music is on the LP or cd.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!