BlacksheepKable Venus Speaker cable

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
Fran
Site Admin

BlacksheepKable Venus Speaker cable

Post by Fran »

Hi All,

I just wanted to announce the review for the Blacksheep Kable speaker cable is now up on the review site:

http://tirnahifi.org/reviews/?page_id=32

This is our first review by the esteemed Simon Stroughair and is well worth a read. The cables (Kables?) are from a new manufacturer based in Thailand and are very reasonable on a sound per euro basis.

A review of the matching interconnect is due up very soon.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Re: BlacksheepKable Venus Speaker cable

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:I just wanted to announce the review for the Blacksheep Kable speaker cable is now up on the review site:
........ This is our first review by the esteemed Simon Stroughair and is well worth a read.
Great review too Si, well done.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
fergus

Post by fergus »

Just read the review Simon....well done....a good, solid, down to earth analysis!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thank you, men. There'll be no shutting me up now...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

well I for one am glad you are sitting down and listening to music again.....

Ivan the consumate salesman seems to have "loaned" you the Kharma pre-amp then???

does it take the etched-ness of the mp150's away.....??
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

That etched-ness seemed to go away by itself as time went on (can't explain that one, it's not like those monos are "warming up") but the pre brings a certain something extra to the table that just ties everything together and it all makes sense. Hard to talk about specifics, but initial impressions were good and I never took it off again. I intend to do some testing of the with/without preamp setup to see just what difference it makes in due course. It might form part of a review of another preamp shortly...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

A perfect example on how to do a review properly! Well done Si! I'll shut up now :-))