Listening Project Calendar

Seán

Re: Listening Project Calendar

Post by Seán »

Ciaran wrote:I'm trying to decide what to do for December. I'm not sure whether to pick an old favourite or something I need to learn about. I'll try to make a choice by this weekend. Make suggestions if you like: obviously no guarantee that they'll be taken up!
Hi Ciaran, how about a piece by Bach: the Magnificat; Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland BWV 61 or BWV 62; or the Christmas Oratorio perhaps?
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I was toying with offering "Duets from Bach's cantatas", but now I've plumped for an old favourite: Mahler 7.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Ciaran wrote:I was toying with offering "Duets from Bach's cantatas", but now I've plumped for an old favourite: Mahler 7.
Great stuff Ciaran, I am looking forward to it.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

That's gas. When I was listening to it yesterday I had a strong feeling that you might choose it.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

did penny like it?
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I'm not taking the blame for keeping her awake.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Ciaran wrote:...... now I've plumped for an old favourite: Mahler 7.
Great stuff Ciaran. It's probably my favorite Mahler symphony so I do look forward to your thoughts on that one. Unfortunately I'm getting so little time for listening to music this past few months that I might not be able to contribute much but I will try. I could also be moving abroad too which would give me a headache in getting my system moved also.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I was thinking we hadn't seen much of you, DaveF, and I was wondering how you were getting on.
fergus

Post by fergus »

I propose to engage myself in the near future in a personal project of listening to and researching the background to Holst’s “The Planets”. It is a work that I have always liked and I have a number of versions of it in my collection and therefore I want to learn more about it. I am conscious of the fact that not everyone likes “The Planets” but I believe that it is one of those works that should be in every collection. Consequently I wonder if there would be any interest in my publishing my findings that I intend to gather from various internet sources and sleeve notes. I would propose to present it in the same format as we did in the monthly projects. If we are interested please let me know as this will determine how neatly I organize my notes!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

If you wrote it, I'd certainly read it!!