Listening Project Calendar

bombasticDarren

Re: Listening Project Calendar

Post by bombasticDarren »

Seán wrote:Le Sacre is not to everyone's taste, I LOVE it. After all the Sacred Music that is spoken of on this forum it will be good to have a month devoted to a pagan ritual.
Oh, I'd go as far as to say that it's one of the greatest pieces of music out there ;-)
james

Post by james »

Of course the 'Rite of Spring' is not really modern -- its 100 years old next year !!

From Wikipedia ...

"[It] had its première in Paris on 29 May 1913"
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
mcq

Post by mcq »

Put me down for January. Monteverdi's monumental 1610 Vespers.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Oh I like that idea!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
fergus

Post by fergus »

mcq wrote:Put me down for January. Monteverdi's monumental 1610 Vespers.
Welcome aboard this particular project Paul and an excellent choice too!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Jared

Post by Jared »

^^ yes, looking at the calendar, winter is going to treat us to Ciaran, followed by Paul... we're going to be in for some wonderfully erudite and informed exposition... personally, I can't wait!
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:^^ yes, looking at the calendar, winter is going to treat us to Ciaran, followed by Paul... we're going to be in for some wonderfully erudite and informed exposition... personally, I can't wait!
I'm glad that I'm in before them.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Unfortunately Dave has had to cry off for the month of September. If anyone wants to volunteer in his place or if someone else wants to bring their project forward now is your chance to shine. I know well what goes into preparing one of these projects so one would not be expected to step in immediately but if one was ready, willing and able one could do so say in the second or third week of September.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I'm trying to decide what to do for December. I'm not sure whether to pick an old favourite or something I need to learn about. I'll try to make a choice by this weekend. Make suggestions if you like: obviously no guarantee that they'll be taken up!
fergus

Post by fergus »

That would involve two different approaches I would imagine. I have no doubt that whatever you decide to do will be both erudite and entertaining Ciaran. I look forward to it whatever it will be.