Listening Project Calendar

Jared

Post by Jared »

I hope everyone agrees that it would be a great idea if we dedicated a separate thread as a Project Calendar.

This first post will be updated by me periodically, so that it may be referred to by forum members, to see which music will be coming up in forthcoming months, and who will be leading the discussions.

It crossed my mind that whereas Fergus has commenced with a set, stand-alone piece of music which has been recorded hundreds of times, this may not always be the case. It is possible that a month's considerations may be given over to a particular CD with contrasting works, or a themed, programmatic work, which often happens with Renaissance and to an extent Baroque pieces. If this is the case and the discussion leader wishes us to purchase a particular recording, we would all be grateful if you could give us enough notice in this thread, make sure its widely available and for a reasonable price?

The first thing to say would be a HUGE thank you to Fergus for the work he's put into the Vivaldi thread so far; I know everyone will agree that he has got proceedings off to the strongest possible start for us, and I'm sure we all look forward to what follows.

The second thing to say is, can everyone use one post in the thread to firstly pick a month which would best suit their calendars and then in time, think of a work or recording you'd like us to concentrate on. I will update the information in this post, as and when it becomes available.

December: Ciaran (Mahler - Symphony No. 7)

January: Paul (Monteverdi - Vespers 1610)
Last edited by Jared on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 27 times in total.
ravel30

Re: Listening Project Calendar

Post by ravel30 »

So true Jared. A big thank you to our friend and leader for his guidance so far. My contribution shall come shortly on the Four Seasons.
I would also like to volunteer for the march project. I have a few choices that I would like to talk about with you all.

Regards,

Matt.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Well done Jared for your organisational skills; this will make things very clear for everyone!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

ravel30 wrote:I would also like to volunteer for the march project. I have a few choices that I would like to talk about with you all.

Regards,

Matt.
Well done Matt....I look forward with interest to see what you come up with!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Jared

Post by Jared »

ravel30 wrote: I have a few choices that I would like to talk about with you all.
As leader of the month Matt, you have the right to be autocratic and tell us exactly what you'd like to share with us... you don't have to let young Sean talk you into selecting some Mahler... ;-))
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

ravel30 wrote:
I would also like to volunteer for the march project. I have a few choices that I would like to talk about with you all.

Regards,

Matt.
fair play!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Good man!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

Put me down for May...
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I'll do May if you'd like. I'm sure I can think of something suitable before then!

Edit: June then!!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

ravel30 wrote:So true Jared. A big thank you to our friend and leader for his guidance so far. My contribution shall come shortly on the Four Seasons.

Regards,

Matt.
I am really looking forward to seeing what you choose for us Matt :-D