Congrats on New Site

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
jkeny

Congrats on New Site

Post by jkeny »

Well done Fran, (lads ?) - what happened to Cloney Audio Forum - money probs?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Congrats on New Site

Post by Fran »

Thanks John,

We don't know what happened to the cloney forum - despite enquiries. It was probably low priority thing for them anyway (and in fact may have been a PITA if they were getting shitty emails and so on), and sure look, maybe its a good thing that this forum is independent of any commercial interests. Its a pity though to lose some of the threads on the old forum, and for sure its a pity to have lost some of the contacts.

Regardless of all that, we are here now anyway (sound like Brian Lenihan don't I?) and its very heartening to see the familiar names popping up.

Credit is due to many - an independent forum has been talked about for quite a while, but myself, Ivor and Derek spoke about it to each other over xmas. I put up a trial forum a little while back just to figure out the techie bits, and took the plunge earlier in the week!!

We have plans for development of the forum, including a website with space for reviews etc. So stick with us while we learn the ropes - hopefully they won't be too difficult! We are learning at a geometric rate so there may be hiccups along the way, no, hold on, there will be major FUBAR incidents along the way I'm sure!!!

BTW, we would welcome any suggestions - once you are happy that we may have to ignore them for all sorts of reasons, not least among them time.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Here, here!

It's great to have a forum back on line, well done guys!

I wish the forum the best of success!

Regards.

Andy
BonnieBilly

Post by BonnieBilly »

Indeed. Congrats on the new site. Looking good.

One way of getting old members might perhaps be to get the google bots working overtime to link the two sites when a search for 'cloney audio hifi forum' is searched?
tony

Post by tony »

Congrats this looks like a very big effort,thanks very much guys for putting the time and dedication into making it happen.
Old Forum was sadly missed. I had only joined recently but it is addictive.
As stated already it is a great pity to have lost a lot of the original threads as there was a lot of good free information there.
And also a lot of humour and banter lost forever.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
BonnieBilly

Post by BonnieBilly »

We'll just have to make some more so :)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Spot on Bud!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

well done fran! and ivor, et al...

had a quick look around the site and everything looks pretty good-and works well, too, knock on wood.

ah frannie, now tell me, fess up-you didn't think that by starting up a new forum you'd get rid of us that easily, did ya'? we mad DIYers would follow your escapades in whatever site you went to...

oh, and a belated happy new years to you and Sues.

-b
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Great to see you back Barry,

How about that mad TT, any pics? And the stacked quads?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

here's the quads:

[img]
turntables%20062MA25503437-0003.jpg
turntables%20062MA25503437-0003.jpg (39.81 KiB) Viewed 1367 times
[/img]

no pics of the TT. with all the moving house in the last year i haven't had much time to fiddle with it, so it looks remarkably the same; i'll try to take a picture and post it soon.

-b