MasterChef Ireland Tonight at 9.30pm

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Andy S

MasterChef Ireland Tonight at 9.30pm

Post by Andy S »

I know a couple of forum members here are aware that I was awarded my apron for the final 16 in Masterchef Ireland last week.

So if anyone wants to see me tonight on TV cooking and standing in front of the judges being told that my food is rather unpleasant and worse, tune in to RTE2 tonight at 9.30p.m.

BTW my dish wasn't as bad as they made out!

Andy

Ivor

Re: MasterChef Ireland Tonight at 9.30pm

Post by Ivor »

Good man Andy,
I wasn't going to "out" you without your express permission! I think the standard in the Irish Masterchef is far higher than the UK one. I suspect the BBC producers pick 'characters' sometimes rather than exceptional chefs and the Irish producers seem to concentrate on the food. Well done, that's a very impressive achievement.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Andy, I was shouting at the TV when you popped up last week (I meant to send you a PM but I forgot). My wife thought I was nuts. Nothing new there.

Anyway, I know you'll be sworn to secrecy as to your progress, but we'll be rooting for you. We're fond of our grub at home (this won't surprise anyone whose seen me in the flesh, copious quantities that there are) so Masterchef is always on Series Link!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Ivor

Many thanks, it was great to receive your text message during the show last week, Simon Pepper also sent me a text, thanks Simon!

We obviously filmed the series during Summer so I have had to keep my involvement to myself until last week when I made my debut.

It was a very challenging expereince and one I would not repeat, but I did meet 15 fantastic new friends which made the whole experience worth while!

I can't tell you how well or badly I did, you'll have to tune in to find out and tonight's programme is going to be tough on all of us and 4 lose their aprons!
Claus

Post by Claus »

Congrats Andy! I can't believe I "know" TWO people on this years Masterchef! The other one is Cathy who is a parent in the school where I teach. Unfortunately the presenters infuriate me too much for me to be able to watch it, but I send all my potential cheers your way. ;)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Best of luck Andy! Claus is right the presenters are something else entirely. Maybe that's why we watch it :)
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I know Dylan isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I always liked him and he's a fantastic chef. I've only met Nick once or twice, but he seemed like he'd give you two ha'pennies for a penny. Do you think the 'persona' we see on tv is accurate, Andy, or is it all for the cameras?
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
JAW

Post by JAW »

Go for it Andy!!! We're all rooting for ya!!!!!
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Both Dylan and Nick are complete gentleman and I get on withn them like a house on fire.

TV programme, not a cooking programme IMHO!

My dish tasted brilliant despite the negative comments, and I fell from grace and was the most dissappointing, I don't think so, I was the best last week and they wanted myself and Tamarin who was the best from the first episode to take a fall this week to make the show interesting, just my opinion!
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I didn't think what's-her-face with the lack of presentation skills was going to get knocked out so soon. A few surprises there actually.

Sad what happened to that chateaubriand!