Neil Young - Psychedelic Pill

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
peelaaa

Neil Young - Psychedelic Pill

Post by peelaaa »

Just had this delivered. Triple album vinyl. It has been recorded fully AAA using tube audio desks, and mastered onto 2 inch tape. I recommend this to be listened to as the recording quality is probably the best I have. The distorted electric guitar sounds incredible. Haven't checked the digital version but since it was analogue from the start then I reckon it has to be on vinyl to be appreciated fully. Also check out his plans for a new high quality digital audio service.

Now planning on seeing him play live at rds.
cybot

Re: Neil Young - Psychedelic Pill

Post by cybot »

peelaaa wrote:Just had this delivered. Triple album vinyl. It has been recorded fully AAA using tube audio desks, and mastered onto 2 inch tape. I recommend this to be listened to as the recording quality is probably the best I have. Now planning on seeing him play live at rds.
Great stuff p! I would have bought it myself only I've lost touch with the great man recently despite a lifetime of support including seeing him live twice. Still I blanched at the price they were charging here. €100!!! And that's for only 5 sides :( Incidentally they were charging €69.00 for the vinyl version of his greatest hits! I have it on cd and I have to say it contains the best sounding versions of Cowgirl and Down By The River I have ever heard. But at those crazy (pun intended) prices, I just don't know....
peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

cybot wrote:
peelaaa wrote:Just had this delivered. Triple album vinyl. It has been recorded fully AAA using tube audio desks, and mastered onto 2 inch tape. I recommend this to be listened to as the recording quality is probably the best I have. Now planning on seeing him play live at rds.
Great stuff p! I would have bought it myself only I've lost touch with the great man recently despite a lifetime of support including seeing him live twice. Still I blanched at the price they were charging here. €100!!! And that's for only 5 sides :( Incidentally they were charging €69.00 for the vinyl version of his greatest hits! I have it on cd and I have to say it contains the best sounding versions of Cowgirl and Down By The River I have ever heard. But at those crazy (pun intended) prices, I just don't know....
Hi Cybot, amazon uk are charging at the mo. £41 and less than £2 for delivery. It sounds a lot but I remember paying £17 for a cd back in 1987. This is a totally different package though, 5 sides but the 6th side has a wonderful etch of the album cover, also great artwork cover and a small lyric booklet.
cybot

Post by cybot »

peelaaa wrote:
cybot wrote:
Hi Cybot, amazon uk are charging at the mo. £41 and less than £2 for delivery. It sounds a lot but I remember paying £17 for a cd back in 1987. This is a totally different package though, 5 sides but the 6th side has a wonderful etch of the album cover, also great artwork cover and a small lyric booklet.

Hi peelaaa, thanks for the info! I might just be tempted! After all I'm a vinyl only man :) And always will be! Can't believe they're only charging £2.00 postage though! Where are you based?
peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

Just checked, its £1.49 delivery to ireland. I'm based in meath and have bought many albums from amazon as postage is so good. Normally as long as you spend over £25 in one purchase then delivery is free but for vinyl it is £1.49!!
cybot

Post by cybot »

peelaaa wrote:Just checked, its £1.49 delivery to ireland. I'm based in meath and have bought many albums from amazon as postage is so good. Normally as long as you spend over £25 in one purchase then delivery is free but for vinyl it is £1.49!!

Good man peelaaa! Have just ordered my vinyl copy :) Wasn't aware of the free delivery option; I thought it only applied to the UK....Haaaaaaaapppppy days. Welcome back Neil! Am I forgiven? Anyway thanks a million p! BTW Did you hear about the drama that was Meath vs Louth this evening? Listened to it on the radio and, as they say round these parts, it bet all :)
peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

Im a blow in, please translate!!!!
cybot

Post by cybot »

peelaaa wrote:Im a blow in, please translate!!!!
Right :) Don't worry about it lol!
peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

My father in law is a big meath man though... tell me how you get on with the album. It will be worth the wait.
cybot

Post by cybot »

peelaaa wrote:My father in law is a big meath man though... tell me how you get on with the album. It will be worth the wait.
I certainly will! I'd say your father in law had a seizure tonight though, where, as usual, Meath get a goal in the dying seconds to put them one point ahead (after missing a penalty!), only for the Wee Men to equalise with a point, just as the referee put the whistle in his mouth!!! I'm still shaking myself! Thanks again....