You Tube Videos

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
tony

Re: You Tube Videos

Post by tony »

Not sure if this works for anyone but you never know! Studio and live versions

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
mcq

Post by mcq »

This is beautiful.  Sufjan Stevens' Carrie and Lowell is one of my favourite allbums of recent years.  An intensely moving meditation on the loss of a loved one and the nature of grief.  It's a very personal work, heartbreaking and anguished yet ultimately hopeful in its final coming to terms with what must have been a rupturing loss for Stevens.  These songs took on an even deeper resonance when performed live and the cathartic act of performing these songs is very visible in this wonderful concert film.

Fantastic.  Julien Baker showcasing a new song from her upcoming new album, charmingly filmed in an alfresco setting.  I adored her debut album, belatedly given an international release earlier this year, and I am eagerly awaiting the new album.  As impressive as her debut album is, I get the impression that it merely hints at what is to come.  There is a lot of songwriting talent hidden behind her very unassuming exterior and I am convinced that she is going to be a major creative force for many years to come.

Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
cybot

Post by cybot »

I make no apologies about this ancient stuff. First time round is always the best......

Now I wonder what song he is actually singing :)

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Really enjoyed those two Dermot
Do or do not, there is no try
cybot

Post by cybot »

Fran wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:47 pm Really enjoyed those two Dermot
Glad you enjoyed them Fran....
tony

Post by tony »

Saw them in the point on the Love Shack tour and they were terrible. 50mins of rubbish. It seems they could put on a great concert at one point. Excellent show from the capitol theatre. Great little band with some really unusual catchy numbers. Try Quiche Lorraine it is about a doggie! or Planet Claire. Original guitarist Ricky unfortunately died of cancer. First three albums were great stuff.

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

Great thing about d'internet sitting on a balcony on the costa and browsing I found this rip roaring version by Phish

tony wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:58 pm These guys are big in the states I believe. Tons of youtube videos and quality is generally excellent. A couple of different performances of one of Talking Heads greatest tracks Crosseyed and Painless. Phish have sort of made it their own posted two TH versions. Hard to beat DB and Adrian Belew etc at their height in my view but Phish versions are brilliant and I think bought are equally great in their own way. I hope these excellent videos do not distract Nigel from his important amp assembly work! But nice to take a break and get immersed in these funky grooves.

mcq

Post by mcq »

Some of the best, most fiercely original and most poweful live footage I have ever seen, beautifully preserved by French TV in 1978 - the fire and fury of Magma at their unquenchable best.  A simply extraordinary performance of Hhaï with Christian Vander on inspired form, utterly possessed and transported and lost to this world.  Beautifully filmed as well  -just look at the movement of the cameras  - and the inspired choreography of the introduction of the supporting vocalists is a marvel to behold.  Truly one of the great musical originals of our time.

Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
cybot

Post by cybot »

mcq wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:01 pm Some of the best, most fiercely original and most poweful live footage I have ever seen, beautifully preserved by French TV in 1978 - the fire and fury of Magma at their unquenchable best.  A simply extraordinary performance of Hhaï with Christian Vander on inspired form, utterly possessed and transported and lost to this world.  Beautifully filmed as well  -just look at the movement of the cameras  - and the inspired choreography of the introduction of the supporting vocalists is a marvel to behold.  Truly one of the great musical originals of our time.

This is the whole reason why I love this thing called Music. Extraordinary. Astonishing. Perplexing. Crazy. Literally a whole new language. I too once owned a Magma album (Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh) and sold it in haste simply because I didn't 'get' it. Maybe I never will......I live in hope :)

Thanks for that Paul, you're one of the very few who really understands and enjoys music in all its crazy permutations. Most importantly you're not afraid to share your contagious enthusiasm with us which probably makes it harder for us to keep up. We live in hope ;)
tony

Post by tony »

Not too sure about that 1978 stuff!