Pre-launch of new range of Ciúnas Dacs & USB transports

jkeny

Re: Pre-launch of new range of Ciúnas Dacs & USB transports

Post by jkeny »

I presume a Win 8 64bit OS is the best Win to go to create? Will this run on most Macs?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:I presume a Win 8 64bit OS is the best Win to go to create? Will this run on most Macs?
perfect
actually 32bit wont even work on the newer models they've dropped 32bit completely for 64bit
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Claus

Post by Claus »

That is amazing work guys! I would love to be able to do a jplay test on my macbook pro, but I might need a bit more "hand-holding" as I not a wiz with these things...
Thanks a million!
Claus
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Claus wrote:That is amazing work guys! I would love to be able to do a jplay test on my macbook pro, but I might need a bit more "hand-holding" as I not a wiz with these things...
Thanks a million!
Claus
Claus,
Don't worry, it's should be just a matter of following Nige's instructions:
with the mac fully shut down turn it on while holding the option/alt key
it will present you with your connected volumes
your arrow keys will work
you will have macintosh hd; windows; and uefi
choose windows and hit enter
BTW, everything working on the Ciúnas for you?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Claus wrote:That is amazing work guys! I would love to be able to do a jplay test on my macbook pro, but I might need a bit more "hand-holding" as I not a wiz with these things...
Thanks a million!
Claus
if you get in a spot of bother you can give me a shout, once the win to go stick is working its quite simple to boot it from a mac

which mac do you have?

it will be interesting to see what you think of jplay
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Claus

Post by Claus »

My mac is a Macbook Pro 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.

It sounds simple enough so I am very excited to try it out. I have the Ciunas up running now. I had to add it through Utilities -> Audio Midi Setup. Now I need to know if I should be running Integer mode 1 or 2? :)
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Claus wrote:My mac is a Macbook Pro 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.

It sounds simple enough so I am very excited to try it out. I have the Ciunas up running now. I had to add it through Utilities -> Audio Midi Setup.
Great!
Now I need to know if I should be running Integer mode 1 or 2? :)
try both & see what you think - I don't know Audiovarna as I use the superior sounding Jplay :)
www.Ciunas.biz
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

It sounds simple enough so I am very excited to try it out. I have the Ciunas up running now. I had to add it through Utilities -> Audio Midi Setup. Now I need to know if I should be running Integer mode 1 or 2? :)
thought audivarna bypassed the control of Audio Midi Setup, could be wrong though. cant remember the integer settings (time to experiment)

im from a mostly mac background i havent done much heavy lifting with windows in 2-3 years except simple fixes/servicing for friends and family.
it was only when KM suggested i try it i gave it a go and i was very impressed with jplay.
i thought at the time the gap between audivarna and jplay was similar to the gap between itunes and audivarna.
only problem is it gives you a reason to use win8 and maybe a want for dedicated pc

think your macbook is the same as my first macbook, should be well up to the task
markof

Post by markof »

Re. integer mode on Audirvana
Here is a quote from the author of the software, from the Computer Audiophile forum (english is his second language)

"the results of the tuning in sound quality that brings two possible modes for the Integer Mode streaming method. Both are selectable in the user preferences, and the Mode 1 (default) is the result of the tuning (Mode 2 is the one used in 1.4.5).

I've been able to use the test bench of the French high-end hifi magazine "Stéréo Prestige & Image" to make this tuning, even with several DACs to check for consistency of the improvement. The kind of test bench where everything is heard, from the infra-bass of a several meter diameter Japanese drum that shakes the listening room, to the faintest bird in the forest behind it... And all the subtleties of a recording.

The best results have been obtained on high-end DACs with Mountain Lion, SysOptimizer set to on, Integer Mode (it makes such a difference...), and Mode 1. All other parameters set to default value."

I hope this helps.

Mark.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Nige has evaluated the latest Audirvana+ Vs Jplay here viewtopic.php?p=38957#p38957
was listening to audivarna earlier as they had an update but their no where near the quality of jplay
www.Ciunas.biz