Pre-launch of new range of Ciúnas Dacs & USB transports

tony

Re: Pre-launch of new range of Ciúnas Dacs & USB transports

Post by tony »

I am currently using a hand me down borrowed PPang tzun cable as the length works better with the dac( can position it more solidly especially as I have run down the battery on occasion. I might keep it!

I like the elijah but will need to go back and try again to refresh the memory. Honestly for me the direct connectors way back when I used 1 and 2 laptops was as good if not better than most cables I heard(mainly basic hifi ones like wireworld). To me most of these cables sound more or less the same I haven't heard an amazing improvement using any of them.

BTW it is the copper one I have.

Others have reported big changes I would be lying if I said I heard anything massive. Maybe I need to revisit all these cables as I have made a lot of changes over the last year.

My tuppence worth would be battery/linear supply/MQn/2012R2 optimized and fanless pc gets you 90% there. The cables/emi paper etc is the final 10%. The hardest part for me anyway to detect noticeable differences
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

i like the short silver elijah audio cable, but in saying that id get it difficult to pay the money for it,
i havent heard the copper version, but generally find copper to be less detailed and a little boomy
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:i like the short silver elijah audio cable, but in saying that id get it difficult to pay the money for it,
i havent heard the copper version, but generally find copper to be less detailed and a little boomy
That sounds very like something Bertie Ahern advised during the boom years.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:i like the short silver elijah audio cable, but in saying that id get it difficult to pay the money for it,
You heard the copper version in my place umpteen times
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Is boomy not a technical term?

well distorted/exaggerated not as tight as id like it
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
highstream

Post by highstream »

Miachel (Elijah) wrote me that he preferred the copper one himself in his system, but noted that others preferred the silver.
tony

Post by tony »

I choose the copper for the reasons outlined by Michael about harshness using silver. The only issue with the cable is its short length which is fine for a dac like the ciunas but I wouldn't be connecting a Lampizator to it.

It certainly didnt detract from the sound for me and when you realise that we did testing with Nigle using silver cable and me using the elijah audio and his sounded mellower. The motherboard was picked out as likely reason at the time.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:
You heard the copper version in my place umpteen times
Oopps that's embarrassing I thought that was the USB a b adapter you were using

That cable is not boomy then so

Suppose a try before you buy is always best