For folks sake....

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
fergus

Re: For folks sake....

Post by fergus »

Tertonmike wrote:Revving up for my annual jaunt to Cropredy, so:

Not vintage but at least they're still at it, rather than just turning into their own tribute act.
Good for them! I had quite a few of their albums back in the day [maybe still have some CDs] and always enjoyed them.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

fergus

Post by fergus »

fergus

Post by fergus »

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

fergus wrote:Image
One of the finest albums I've ever heard. Love it to bits.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

Ivor wrote:
Yep, just re-purchased 2nd hand on vinyl for nth time recently. Did you catch their amazing 'one-off' come back gig at Vicar St a few years ago when they played the entire album and more - a treasured memory :)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Bannjo wrote:
Ivor wrote:
Yep, just re-purchased 2nd hand on vinyl for nth time recently. Did you catch their amazing 'one-off' come back gig at Vicar St a few years ago when they played the entire album and more - a treasured memory :)
I missed that gig. I can't remember why I missed it but it must have been dramatic!
I don't have a copy of it right now... I keep giving it to people. Even back.in my punk years I was known to force a copy on other punks as I thought it epitomised a very Irish punk attitude. A unique album.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
fergus

Post by fergus »

A Polish musician friend of mine asked me to recommend a good Irish folk CD. I am trying to impress him!!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

A Polish musician friend of mine asked me to recommend a good Irish folk CD. I am trying to impress him!!
I think you did well. It might be a 'grower" if you're new to Irish music but ...well you know what I think of it!

cybot

Post by cybot »

Well lads you've done me a big favour tonight! Never really thought much of the album until tonight....but then I never really listened to it properly until now. It's bloody folktastic:)

But.....I still think Andy's version of 'Arthur McBride' on Planxty's first is THE one for me....