For folks sake....

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: For folks sake....

Post by Ivor »

If you're looking for "diddly eye" Irish music move along... this is the real deal and unashamedly so. It will take a few listen but already it's creeping up on me.

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Derek

Post by Derek »

Jimmy McCarthy - The Song of the Singing Horseman

NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
markof

Post by markof »

The Gloaming 1
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
mcq

Post by mcq »

Listening tonight to Death had Quicker Wings than Love, an album that Marry Waterson and David Jaycock released back in 2017. This is a beautiful and deeply rewarding listen that unfurls gradually in the listener’s mind over time. A subtle and understated listen but a very rewarding one.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Wonderfully unique sound while being very Irish

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
markof

Post by markof »

Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
cybot

Post by cybot »

This nifty coffee table gem landed earlier this morning. That’s my week sorted.

“The vinyl release features 48 tracks on LP and is accompanied by a download card with over six hours of extras spanning 1966–2009, including BBC4’s St Luke’s concert (2003), and a complete Queen’s Hall, Edinburgh concert (2004) for BBC Radio Scotland.”
JAW

Post by JAW »

I've had a liking for Steeleye Span for years, with the reservation that it only extends as far as Commoners Crown, (the one before they went off the folk rails when Mike Batt got involved).
This is the sixth album and the first with drummer Nigel Pegrum as a member, and he adds a bit of push where it's needed. Covering To Know Him is to Love Him was probably not a great idea, with David Bowie playing sax, but around this time they would come back out for encores dressed in fifties clothes and do Long Tall Sally and some other fifties faves to round off the evening so maybe that makes it forgivable.

HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

Ivor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:41 pm Wonderfully unique sound while being very Irish

I have being rotating between her last 3 albums. Totally agree, well worth a listen
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

Ivor wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:03 pm If you're looking for "diddly eye" Irish music move along... this is the real deal and unashamedly so. It will take a few listen but already it's creeping up on me.

I was inspired to try 0XN - CYRM after listening to Lankum. I think it has 2 of their members.
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2