A new isolation product - E_sorb

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Eist Audio

A new isolation product - E_sorb

Post by Eist Audio »

Hi all,

As some of you may know, myself and Gerry have been working away together to setup a new audio company. We have been beavering away now for quite a while and our first products are just about ready for release. Our major product will be our "Dubh" horn speakers (which some of you have heard, others not) which we believe are world class along with a range of accessory products.

The announcement on the speakers will come soon, but in the meantime I wanted to announce another product we have for sale.

The E_sorb is an isolation/equipment support. Its made from the same high quality, non-resonant resin that we use in our speaker cabinets, with a constrained pliant layer for dampening. Tests so far show that they are very effective, at least as much as some of the big name competitors out there - but at a sweeter price. Testing do far has shown great results with turntables and CD players and amps.

Each block is 50mm x 50mm square, and 35mm high (2x2x1.5 in old money) and can support 15kg. From 15-18kg each, the effectiveness is decreased. So for a piece of equipment up to say 45kg, 3 E_sorbs will work well. The E-sorbs are available in black or white (white shown below).

E_sorb by eistaudio, on Flickr

Price:

You can buy E_sorbs individually, or in packs of 4:

Single: €20
Pack of 4: €70
P&P to anywhere in the world:
1-4 E_sorbs €5
5-8 E_sorbs €10

We are working hard to get our website and store up and running where we will have an online checkout accepting paypal etc. In the meantime, just shoot me a mail at eistaudiosales at gmail dot com and we can get you sorted via cash, check, paypal etc.

If you would like to try them out, shoot me a mail at the address above!

Best regards,

Fran & GerryD

Signature with website etc to come soon. Note that Eist Audio is a member of the trade, a commercial enterprise. We will each continue to post under as normal under our respective names, and will post separately under the Eist Audio name to any enquiries related to this/other posts. Just want to keep the 2 separate so that there is as little blurring of the lines as possible and to be straight with everyone here.
nige2000

Re: A new isolation product - E_sorb

Post by nige2000 »

Any pictures
any sign of a Web site coming in the future
wish ye well on your venture
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Eist Audio

Post by Eist Audio »

Picture up now...

Website on its way, eistaudio.ie but not up yet.... coming soon!!!

Thanks for the good wishes!

Fran
tony

Post by tony »

Congratulations and very best wishes Gerry & Fran on the new venture. Have heard the speakers a couple of times and they are very special.The finish is to a very high standard the resin material looks the biz and the speakers themselves look fantastic.
Really like the size and footprint. The isolation blocks look cool put me down for a set would like to try them out.
I hope we will not see you guys doing a lars at a hifi show any time soon!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Wow! That's fantastic news lads! The very best of luck with your products and site. This forum has suddenly started to become very interesting again :) Can we have a sneak preview of the Dubhs? The isolation pads are a thing of beauty I have to say. Well done....
JAW

Post by JAW »

Great stuff lads! The very best of luck with the enterprise. I'm sure you'll be bringing us some very exciting products.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Great to see a new company spring up before our eyes, best of luck for the venture.
Maybe we will see a PC Audio side to it in the near future given all the expertise being developed in tandem.....

Well done Guys!

Post by Claus »

Congratulations on the whole thing! I must try a set of those dampers, since my dad is taking ages making me a set in wood...
The speakers would be for one day, when I swop everything out for valve gear....

Oh, and if you need a slightly ex-centric (I can put this on, trust me, I am a teacher) guy with a real Danish accent to promote them, I am ready to change career.... ;)

"If you don't have E_sorb, you have BAAAD sound!"

Sorry couldn't resist! :D
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Do you teach Irish Claus?

If you do then you should be good to go but if not getting your tongue around the company name could take some practice:-))

You can start practicing with AAAAAAAACCCCCHHHHTT...

Post by Claus »

No I don't teach Irish I have to admit. But this could be an even better concept: Bad Danish accent on unpronounceable Irish words:

*Danish Accent* "Is é seo an táirge is nua ó Eist Fuaime ...." */Danish Accent*
That would be a sure winner! :D