Magazines and negative reviews

Diapason

Re: Magazines and negative reviews

Post by Diapason »

Yeah. That's what I didn't quite have the balls to say!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

nige2000 wrote:
Ivor wrote:It strikes me that the guy isn't actually qualified to review the DAC.
Now i didn't want to say that
might as well say it as think it i suppose

It's bad enough in the traditional print media when unqualified " critics" pass judgement on your work whether it's music, books, cooking, hifi or whatever but the internet has given oxygen to some awful chancers who are only in it for the freebies. With no editor to keep their bias and "opinions" in check they can ruin a reputation quickly... which is ironic given their own grasp of reasoned critqué and indeed grammar.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

I once met a girl who behaved like that - I love you, I hate you!!
I wouldn't say she was unqualified but I scarpered, anyway & forgot about the right of reply :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

As they say: "never stick your DAC in crazy". At least, I think the word is DAC...
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:As they say: "never stick your DAC in crazy". At least, I think the word is DAC...

we need a like button.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Diapason wrote:As they say: "never stick your DAC in crazy". At least, I think the word is DAC...
Good one :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

BTW, just thought I'd say that James Darby, editor of Steremojo has taken down the review until he sorts the whole thing out.
The writer, Isaac Dehan never replied to my 3 emails where I explained to him his misunderstanding over charging!
Bad juju!!
Last edited by jkeny on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.Ciunas.biz
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

That's certainly fair enough from the editor.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Diapason wrote:That's certainly fair enough from the editor.
Yep, I agree!
www.Ciunas.biz
mick

Post by mick »

Even I could understand the method of charging,so how did a guy like Issac get the gig reviewing?