Eist Dubh

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
Diapason

Re: Eist Dubh

Post by Diapason »

Good stuff, Ivor. I hope you have many a long and happy session with them.

(I *really* need to hear these at some stage!)
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:Good stuff, Ivor. I hope you have many a long and happy session with them.

(I *really* need to hear these at some stage!)

They'll be here for another few weeks before the new ones arrive - and then there'll be the new ones! My working hours are a tad anti social but something could be arranged.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Lovely!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Glad they are going well Ivor....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
tony

Post by tony »

Looks like a marriage made in heaven. Very keen to hear the airtight with Eists. In culinary terms a move from good auld traditional yorkshire pud to novelle cuisine! Whats it like to recover so much of the room?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote:Looks like a marriage made in heaven. Very keen to hear the airtight with Eists. In culinary terms a move from good auld traditional yorkshire pud to novelle cuisine! Whats it like to recover so much of the room?
I'm a bit agoraphobic Tony.

Actually valves and horns are a comparable match to Quads. Not a huge leap, kinda sideways and up to the left a little.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Ivor wrote:
tony wrote:Looks like a marriage made in heaven. Very keen to hear the airtight with Eists. In culinary terms a move from good auld traditional yorkshire pud to novelle cuisine! Whats it like to recover so much of the room?
I'm a bit agoraphobic Tony.

Actually valves and horns are a comparable match to Quads. Not a huge leap, kinda sideways and up to the left a little.
The agora whatever it is bit is easy enough to deal with just buy a sheet of 8x4 ply and cut out eist shape in the middle and paint each section
either white or black and sure your 'agororobia' will be cured

Would have thought you would be getting a cleaner presentation from the Eists?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Delighted that your search for new speakers has come pretty quickly Ivor. Be sure to keep us updated.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote:
Would have thought you would be getting a cleaner presentation from the Eists?

I'm deliberately avoiding direct comparisons between the speakers, that sort approach would drive me mad! To quote Mark Twain “Comparison is the death of joy.”
I'm the same with wines, I take them each on their own merits and try never to compare one bottle to another although I'm aware most people do.

Anyway to finally answer your question... yes the Eist have a very clean crisp presentation... but then the Quads are hardly murky! (you get my point!)

Derek

Post by Derek »

tony wrote:... to hear the airtight with Eists...
Been there have that!

Congratulation Ivor on joining the Eist fan club.
I know Ivor is nearer your place Tony, but you are welcome to visit mine if you feel up to the journey.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.