Eist Dubh

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
nige2000

Re: Eist Dubh

Post by nige2000 »

Im a bit off the beaten track
but my doors always open too

ive no regrets on the Dubhs either
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Derek

Post by Derek »

Diapason wrote:
Derek wrote:
Diapason wrote:Gosh darn it when am I going to get to hear these bad boys?
Whenever you want, just give me a shout!
Thanks Derek. There should be a window of opportunity when Penny goes to college.

They'll probably still be here.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Derek wrote:I’ve had these now since July and don’t regret the purchase in any way.

I didn’t think there was much more to get from them but after six months I can say the bottom-end has deepened and any slight running-in-edge (really only noticeable on a very few recordings) has been sanded silky-smooth. Vocals have breath and weight, realness if you like.

To repeat my initial post, dynamics are to-die-for and micro-dynamics just beautiful, a window to the music.

Non-HiFi friends on occasion will bring something they want to hear. I’ve gotten used to the, “is that the one I brought?” question.

At present I’m listening to “Johnny Hartman & Oliver Nelson” – “I Love Everybody”, turned up to gorgeous and the speakers know exactly how to provide the listening pleasure. Details in this recording can get lost in reproduction but not here.

Last week I was listening to a new purchase “Tony Joe White – HooDoo”; the guitar chops were immediate and arresting, his gravel dragged growl a throat-cut away from inaudible, every pop from the snare and guitar lick just took you deeper into the swamp atmosphere filled with alligators and chainsaw riffs. I was afraid I was going to turn the amp beyond 11.
Lovely post Derek, well done.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Many thanks for the kind words Derek & all! So glad you are enjoying them - as I do myself. Of course I think they are the best thing ever (I would say that) and like you, I think they do bed in even further after extended playing. All drivers are run in continuously for a week before assembly, but even so extra time on them improves the sound further.

As I mentioned before - the telling point for me came he day I realised they sounded much better than my quads which were always a reference for me.

Onwards and upwards!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Fran wrote: As I mentioned before - the telling point for me came he day I realised they sounded much better than my quads which were always a reference for me.

Fran
Yep, I remarked on that too, at the time & couldn't believe it, either!
Well done & continued success.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Step forward, Fran and Gerry, don't be so shy.
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/eist/1.html
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Derek

Post by Derek »

A very strong, positive review, well done guys stand up and take a bow, you deserve to.
Hopefully it'll help convert to orders.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Well done lads you deserve all the plaudits :)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

a great review lads, well done!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

Thanks a million Gents.
Appreciate the support.
Delighted with that review.
It's as positive as any on here and possibly has a broader reach. :)
It's a great feeling when people like what we've done.

Onwards and upwards.

Gerry
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford